Zed Bull Key programmer

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by Jeffc607, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Jeffc607

Jeffc607 New Member

Car:
    2000 Beetle TDI
    I searched this site for the Zed Bull key programmer but found nothing here. There are any youtube vids, but most of them are speaking a non-english language except for this one I found.

I have not seen any vid yet that shows it will connect to the car to attempt to retrieve the Secret Key Code (SKC). It looks like it only clones keys.

Anyone have one of these? Anyone looked into buying one? If it cannot retrieve the SKC, then I think it is a no-go for me.

2. cakar

cakar New Member

Car:
    golf 1999 mk4 tdi
    Hello

With this you can clone keys for skc you need vag comander .

best regards

3. Jeffc607

Jeffc607 New Member

Car:
    2000 Beetle TDI
  4. Jeffc607

Jeffc607 New Member

Car:
    2000 Beetle TDI
    First order for CAN Commander 1.4 from kayakarctic-store (China) got lost somewhere in transit. I fear the second order for a CAN Commander 5.5, from okbidshop2011 (also China) is following in the same footsteps because there have been no tracking updates since 12/26. All it says is "in transit" with no details. I am pleased to report that my third order, for a CAN Commander 5.1 from uspackagingcompany (Las Vegas) was ordered on Jan 2 and arrived Jan 5th. I will be making my first attempt to load software and connect shortly. Wish me luck!

5. Jeffc607

Jeffc607 New Member

Car:
    2000 Beetle TDI
    The mini-CD that came with the CAN Commander 5.1 has device driver files, but no application files. Here is the message I sent to uspackagingcompany:
    I am using Windows 10
    The installation readme file indicates to copy VAG-CAN Commander 1_1 prima to a folder. The included CD does not include VAG-CAN Commander 1_1 prima. Is there a web site I may download it from?

Here are the files that I see:
    USB driver, file folder
    FixDiag, Configuration settings
    installationREADME, Text Document
    MWB, Text Document
    MWB_de, Text Document
    Tester, Configuration settings
    Tester.ini.bak, BAK file
    VAG, Text Document

Within the USB driver folder are 23 files:
    Windows_98_Installation_Guide.pdf
    Windows_2000_Installation_Guide,pdf
    Windows_XP_Installation_Guide.pdf
    FTDIUNIN, application
    FTLang.dll
    FTSERUI.DLL
    ftserui2.dll
    FTDIUN2K, Configuration settings
    FTDININ, Configuration settings
    vssver.scc, SCC file
    3 security Catalog files
    3 Setup Information files
    4 system files
    3 virtual device drivers

6. Jeffc607

Jeffc607 New Member

Car:
    2000 Beetle TDI
    After some Google searching, I found this web site in the UK with a link to download application software for CAN Commander: http://obd2help.co.uk/vag-commander.htm which then redirects you to http://bloodmoney.za.pl/

I was able to download file v-c-c-5.1.rar

So on to the next challenge.... I have never heard of an RAR file and when I try to open it, my PC does not know what to do with it and asks what program I want to use to open it.

More Google searching later.... I found 7z1604x64.exe to download and install, which is a compression/zip application that will unzip an RAR file. I got this file from http://7-zip.org/

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  7. Jeffc607

Jeffc607 New Member

Car:
    2000 Beetle TDI
    Here is a screen shot of the v-c-c-5.1.rar files after successful extraction.
    upload_2017-1-7_7-22-3.png

8. Jeffc607

Jeffc607 New Member

Car:
    2000 Beetle TDI
    Here is a screen shot of the window that opens when I double click on VAG-CAN Commander5.1.exe

upload_2017-1-7_7-24-44.png

9. Jeffc607

Jeffc607 New Member

Car:
    2000 Beetle TDI
    I can confirm in device manager under Ports, that I find USB Serial (Com4). This line disappears when I unplug the CAN Commander 5.1. If I select driver update, the result is always that it says the correct driver is already loaded, regardless if I choose automatically search or manually browse to the location of the drivers from the provided mini CD.
    upload_2017-1-7_10-23-1.png

upload_2017-1-7_10-25-5.png

upload_2017-1-7_10-25-35.png

10. Jeffc607

Jeffc607 New Member

Car:
    2000 Beetle TDI
    When connected to the 2000 Beetle, with the key in the run position, many of the buttons are grey. When I select 07 Kombi as the target and click "open channel", it always returns "Target unit not responding". I tried all other targets from 01 Motor all the way through the entire list to the bottom choice 84 media player, and I always get the same failure error message. I have not found any place to select USD Serial COM4, but I have tried both CAN High Speed Transport Protocol 2.0 as well as CAN Low Speed Transport Protocol 2.o with same results.
    upload_2017-1-7_10-27-58.png

11. Jeffc607

Jeffc607 New Member

Car:
    2000 Beetle TDI
    Here is what I see with Ross Tech VCDS 17.1.0. This tells me CAN is not supported. Not sure what my next step will be. Perhaps take my chances with a knock-off Vag tacho. Anyone out there retrieved the SKC from a 2000 Beetle (MK4 from what I gather)

upload_2017-1-7_10-39-39.png

Attached Files:

12. Jeffc607

Jeffc607 New Member

Car:
    2000 Beetle TDI
    Just to say I did, I tried the VAG CAN Commander 5.1 with an older Windows Vista computer. Same failed result.

13. Jeffc607

Jeffc607 New Member

Car:
    2000 Beetle TDI
    I am now shopping ebay and amazon for Vag Tacho device. Any suggestions or guidance which one to buy to get SKC from 2000 Beetle, 1.9 TDI (MK4), I assume this is immo2 immobilizer.

This one has 102 reviews with a total of three stars. I already have VCDS and this sounds like it will support VCDS lite and not read the SKC pin that I need. https://www.amazon.com/Version-Find...UTF8&qid=1483813645&sr=8-1&keywords=vag+tacho

I would rather buy from a US location since I have already failed to get a unit from China for unknown reasons (customs?/tariff?).

This one says it will read pin code, but I cannot tell where it ships from, and has zero reviews. https://www.amazon.com/VAG-Tacho-Version-Tunning-VAGTacho/dp/B01LYJYZWJ I sent a message to ODBIIShop and thy confirmed this is shipped from China. I'll keep looking to see if I can find one shipped within the US.

14. Jeffc607

Jeffc607 New Member

Car:
    2000 Beetle TDI
  15. Jeffc607

Jeffc607 New Member

Car:
    2000 Beetle TDI
    The San Jose Vag Tacho has not arrived yet. However, I provided a pic of my key blade to www.fixmyvw.com and ordered the rental Vag Tacho for $25 plus $500 deposit. The rental and cut key arrived today. Here is the vid. At 1:17 he inserts a "good" key to proceed, so I figured I am screwed because I do not have a good Key.

With 2000 Beetle, the Vag Tacho failed to connect as VDO New - K-line MY1999-2006. Also failed to connect with VDO Old MY1997-2001.

After watching more youtube vid by RyanVWDiesel at 3:50 he said if you have a Beetle, then select Magnetti Marelli, then the model year Beetle. After I did this, Vag Tacho connected and I was able to get my SKC pin. Hurray!

16. Jeffc607

Jeffc607 New Member

Car:
    2000 Beetle TDI
    I followed this video by Ross Tech and used my VCDS. I think what I did wrong is I clicked Test, without clicking save. The immobilize light did not turn off like it should and I tried another key anyway, and then a third key, which is a bare blade in vise grips (the old/original) with a new immobilizer chip taped to the steering column. I struggled a bit with the third one with tape, taking more time. None of which made the immobilizer light turn off like in the video, and I got a time-out message on my screen, which certainly did not happen in any of the videos. I disconnected the VCDS and turned off and removed the third key. I peeled off the immobilizer chip from my steering column and set it aside. To my surprise, the bare key with no immobilizer chip starts the engine and it stayed running. Likewise with the other two keys. with all of them, the immobilizer light stays on all the time, but the engine runs.