where do you tinker with your car?

Discussion in 'The off ramp' started by crsmp5, May 31, 2017.

1. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    after 3 years of a dangling carrot, i finally signed the papers to buy my building... so i call it a man cave... when i moved to the area i am now, i searched out a pole barn type place i could build a apartment in but yet have room to store my collection.. also required room for a work shop.. im so lucky its even commercial property so i can run a legit business from it.. and since im buying it.. i have all the rights to live on property :)

[​IMG]
    is my work bay... just need to add a lift now. ..

[​IMG]
    not standing on the ladder on the side of the office i plan to remove..once removed i plan to add a loft over that area that will run across the middle section.. 2 back yard buddy type lifts on the side that not work area so i can fit 6 cars in cold storage and 3 in the work area.. best part.. using a back yard buddy type lift as a elevator for the loft :) imo the office takes up too much floor space.. i use it as a "shed" with lawn mower and such currently..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    old pics before i moved stuff around for best fit.. and well my coupe has been on the road for over a year now.. :p need to build the jackrabbit still.. the grey fiberglass thing..

the back room.. man cave... its actually a old cinder block wooden truss building that had a tin pole barn added onto the front of it giving the building a L shape where if you do not know about the back room you would not know its there.. :)
    [​IMG]
    due to materials used back here the R value is impressive.. for the past few winters a kerosene wick heater uses 1/2 to 2/3 gal a day between 20r-50f... below 20 i might use a gal a day... but you can only have it on so long before turning it off cause too hot.. i plan to add a wood stove though.. :p now that i signed papers
    [​IMG]

25x28ft room... i need to add a few windows and wanna a door too.. now that i know in 10 years ill own it time to add building upgrades.. :) imo not bad for what will cost me 72k with insurance/taxes/interest and such over the next 10 years... i also think of it as rent control.. :p once paid for.. no real overhead.. utilities/insurances/property taxes internet/phone should be under or around 300/mo :) unless those itens really jump in price... but for bill paying the past 20 years.. i really expect it to be round that.. and ill always be able to tinker on cars to make extra cash...

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    YMZ likes this.
  2. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    parking lot and up to date pics...
    [​IMG]

starting to run into insurnce issues.. no one wants to inure commercial building unless business runs from it... so time to do some pics for agent..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

inside my front room/shed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    only a few diesels hidden there

[​IMG]
    the loft

into the cave
    [​IMG]
    intertainment corner, custom tv mount moves to be seen from anywhere in room... requirement to play pool.. quite proud of my work

[​IMG]
    due to spring grads... i end up with some odd nice furniture... what more does a man cave need?

[​IMG]
    one day im going to build a custom bar.. i will hide a full sized real bed inside it like those ones that hide in a wall... have futon for now

[​IMG]
    custom shower on a tankless hot water system... best investment ever... it might raise the electric 2-3$ a month vs a tank that is good for 50+ and it will scold you in january when the water pumped thru the cold ground... so very happy..

3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Awesome place. If you run a business from it, good luck!