What's up VeeDubTDI???

Discussion in 'The off ramp' started by phlfly, Oct 13, 2015.

1. phlfly

phlfly Member

Car:
    2012 Passat SEL TDi
    Hi, guys.
    I'm member many cars forums and sports forums. I was part of developing hockey forum.

So my question what's up with VeeDubTDI from tdiclub? this guy is taking too serious his imaginary "job". It's forum and not a Congress for .... sake. He needs to relax, may be find another hobby beside to monitor and be dictator the "imaginary forum rules" on car forum. LOL.

I did remarks (posted) at tdiclub when the tdigate just unfolded, about Congress, White House and EPA. Well I wanted to see people reactions, as now presidential race and I'm true believer about gover. conspiracy , well he warned me, I knew I was playing with fire, knowing him as he is little out of "wack" about deleting posts, but the ban, I was not expected it. Well I did one more comment about government cares what we are inhale, but don't care what our kids are inhale (CO, WA.....). I though it was funny, but this guy has no sense of the humor. And got ban! LOL

I just don't understand, he is on side of the power to force his opinion. Well I'm looking some intro, am I missing something? I read here tdiclub is losing human factor ??? Well I'm not saying I'm right but still we are all do mistakes or not agree on something, than we are admitted our mistakes, he is nuts!
    thanks

2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I moved your post to off topic since it's less about a model and more general chit chat. I'm not sure what you're looking for but I rarely ban people.

3. gothicus

gothicus Member

Car:
    2012 Passat SEL Premium TDI
    You're not alone. I got a 3 point infraction. Really stupid too. I stated something factual about how the EPA didn't due their due diligence considering they have a $8B budget, and how they recently had a "mel culpa" in Colorado with the spill of toxic waste. Below is the message I got. I did reply back to him, but of course it was ignored.

4. phlfly

phlfly Member

Car:
    2012 Passat SEL TDi
    he is just ..... he sent me email with these:You're the man, Vadim. Welcome back. Have fun posting.
    but still banned he is a joker as well.

5. gothicus

gothicus Member

Car:
    I must have hit a nerve. Too sensitive.

6. Ol'Rattler

Ol'Rattler Well-Known Member

Car:
    06 TDI Jetta
    It's true that Fred's is a public forum, but the reality is that by no stretch is it a democracy. I have had completely harmless post deleted and I suspect it was just because the mod didn't agree with me.

There are a lot of really knowledgeable and well balance folks on Fred's. Don't let the "bad apples" ruin your day............

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  7. compu_85

compu_85 New Member

Car:
    1999 Jetta TDI, 2012 Passat TDI
    This is really quite simple.

The first post in the thread said no political discussions. You engaged in political discussions. Then when you got a time out, you went and registered several aliases in an attempt to sneak back in... if you want to get banned from TDIClub registering shadow accounts is the #1 way to do it.

If you don't like the consequences of breaking the rules there is a simple solution.

-J

8. gothicus

gothicus Member

Car:
    No political discussion? Are you saying that one can not criticize the government or any of its entity? That's not very democratic. Even when you state facts. Pretty sad when one can't at least give an opinion. I wasn't banned but given an infraction.

9. bhtooefr

bhtooefr New Member

Car:
    99.5 Golf GL TDI
    [​IMG]
    Alt text: I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.

Source: https://xkcd.com/1357/

10. gothicus

gothicus Member

Car:
    Only if the person agrees. It's unfortunate that one can't have a discourse about a subject that is much relevant to the subject due offending someone's sensitivity.

11. threeshot223

threeshot223 New Member

Car:
    2003 TDI
    Them's the breaks in life, bro. I don't agree with ban-happy mods either buuut...it's their house. Their rules.

If I had a house party and someone started acting the fool I'd kick them out too.

12. gothicus

gothicus Member

Car:
    I agree, it's their forum, they can do whatever they like. As such I can turn it off and change the channel.

13. threeshot223

threeshot223 New Member

Car:
    2003 TDI
    Exactly ☺

There's a few of the forum police / "I'm not gonna answer your tech question, but I am going to berate you for what you're trying to do" type folks there as well but like anywhere else where you have a large group of people together, there's some *******s in the bunch.