VAG Engine & Transmission Codes

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by Keithuk, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Hi guys/gals.

I started a new project last week VAG Engine & Transmission Codes to show all engine & transmission codes used by all VAG applications.

Now this isn't a simple process. I downloaded 4 pdf files for engine codes and 1 VW transmission codes but they aren't up to date I think 2010 is the last date shown. I can copy and paste this into my database no problem.

I checked ETKA as they list all engine & transmission codes by the 4 manufactures. You can't copy and paste info from there so I thought I would just printout VW engine codes and that showed up 63 pages so I cancelled it. If you talking about 60 pages to each section then that's a lot of paper for all 8 sections. So the ETKA data will have to be written in which is going to take along time. At the moment I have 1500 engine & transmission codes.

ETKA Engines

Audi 26 pages
    Seat 12 pages
    Skoda 11 pages
    VW 63 pages

ETKA Transmissions

Audi 58 pages
    Seat 19 pages
    Skoda 20 pages
    VW 97 pages

If any of you that think this app would be useful make a comment. It will be useful is anyone wants another engine or gearbox as different models and manufacturers use the same ones.

Watch this thread for further updates.

Update 24/12/2014:

I've finally finished this app after a few months of slow works, it now has:

Engines 6,147

AUDI 1,418
    SEAT 667
    SKODA 538
    VW 3,524

Transmissions 12,447

AUDI 3,674
    SEAT 1,242
    SKODA 1,126
    VW 6,405

If you have downloaded and use my Free EOBD II Error Codes software you don't need to install anything as it uses the same COMCTL32.OCX, just read the ReadMe First.txt. If you have problems running this app on a Windows 64bit system then let me know and I'll make an installation package.

There is also a VAG Engine & Transmission Codes.chm help file which shows bugs and extra info I've found in ETKA. You need to run this app once before this help file will show.

Update: 11/09/2014

Ok I'm slowly going through the PDF files checking for typo's and that's a slow process but you can copy and paste info. So here is a new version that you can save all 8 PDF files or each one individually to the app folder.

If you think this app is useful please click the Like button?

Update: 14/05/2015

Engines 6,308
    AUDI 1,467
    SEAT 696
    SKODA 553
    VW 3,592

Transmissions 13,033
    AUDI 3,903
    SEAT 1,338
    SKODA 1,221
    VW 6,571

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Could be useful although I don't know how I would use it. Some people do ask for engine codes or transmission codes and I don't have any quick reference.

3. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Chitty you have ETKA so you can search for anything, a lot of users on here don't have it.

4. huvw42

huvw42 Member

Car:
    2005 Passat 1.9 TDI 4Motion
    What, you're not done yet?

Seriously though, it would be beneficial to the community.

5. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Update:

I've added 3,197 Engine codes and 609 Transmission codes so you can see how the app works just as a taster because its taking a very long time to add every engine & transmission code from ETKA. You can search for any item in any column.

This app uses the same COMCTL32.OCX as I use in Free EOBD II Error Codes software so if that apps works ok for you then this one will.

The download link is in post #1.

Please leave any comments if its worth adding the other thousands of codes. I will add all the others because its another useful app, it saves opening all 8 sections of ETKA which you can only search for codes.

If no one likes it or makes any comments I will delete this thread.

juraha likes this.
  6. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Update:

I've completed 4,164 VW Engine Codes with a few Audi, Seat Skoda from the PDF files and 6,050 VW Transmission Codes. Its easy enough to use this app you just select Engines or Transmissions from the Combobox at the top and they show. You can search for any items in any column. I've added an help files just to show some info and the bugs I've found. I haven't completed the Print section yet as there really isn't much need.

I'm now starting on Audi Engines (26 pages) and Transmissions (58 pages) so it will be a month or more before that's completed.

7. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Ok I finished this app after a few months of work. The download link and instructions are in post #1.

See if you think this app is useful after months of slow data compiling and please make any comments you have.

chittychittybangbang likes this.
  8. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Its strange this new forum I added the download txt file to post #1 and it showed, that's why I made the last post. I've just come back as Chitty has clicked the Like and its missing I've just add to add it 3 times before it showed.

9. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Did you save the edit? Maybe the upload didn't stick?

10. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Yes I saved the edit and it showed the first time else I wouldn't have left it.

The second time I uploaded the txt file again and it showed 100%. I clicked Preview and it didn't show, I clicked Save and it still didn't show, I had to upload it twice then it showed. It showed 2 uploaded but only one shows in post #1, now it only shows 1 which no one has downloaded yet.

11. huvw42

huvw42 Member

Car:
    2005 Passat 1.9 TDI 4Motion
    Thank you for taking the time to create this. I'm sure many will find it useful.

12. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    For those of you that don't like using my app I have all 8 PDF files for you.

Ok I was just double checking the data I had entered into the database and I noticed I had the odd typo on dates which I am correcting on the new version. I updated my ETKA a couple of days ago and I noticed that new dates had been added. I found out from a friend on another forum that you can save all this data from ETKA to PDF files via the Adobe PDF printer which I've now done which you can copy and paste. In the new app you will be able to save each PDF file to your drive.

Obviously my app deciphers the codes use in Remarks and I've added other features.

My new app above allows you to save all 8 pdf files to the app folder, this is this months updates not the old one listed here.

14/05/2015 New Update:

I've uploaded the new PDF files.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  13. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    File not found. I even tried removing the s from https

14. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Well its found for me and it shows its been downloaded 3 times, once with a test by me last night.

15. jonlowe

jonlowe Member

Car:
    2005 Passat GLS Variant
    I get File not found from Rapidshare.

16. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    I assume you mean the PDF file download?

I've just checked and you right file not found, I don't know how it got removed so I've uploaded it again and tested it and it works again.

17. jonlowe

jonlowe Member

Car:
    2005 Passat GLS Variant
    Sorry, no, I meant the software file in the first post. I tried with the latest IE and Chrome and get the same thing in both.

Jon

18. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Well I've just downloaded it again with IE11 no problem.

As I've said you can save the 8 PDF files from my app.

19. jonlowe

jonlowe Member

Car:
    2005 Passat GLS Variant
    Just tried to download again from another computer using Chrome and IE 11, using the link in the text in the first post, and it failed, same error as before. The link in the text file looks funny. Should it have a "%26" in the middle of it?

20. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Well it works for me try another browser, I've just this second tried it with FireFox and it works just the same?