Upgrading Headlights Questions

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by eddi887, Nov 28, 2017.

1. eddi887

eddi887 Member

Car:
    2003 Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    Air intake
    Hello Everyone,

I want to upgrade the headlights on my 2003 TDI. The original headlights look like they have the option for fog lights, but are not installed. I'm getting some aftermarket headlights with the fog built in and was wondering what I would need to get them working. I know I need the euro switch for the fog lights, but what, if any wiring harness would I need. I saw some harnesses on eBay that say for use on fog lights with the euro switch, can I use one of those, do I need any relays, etc?

Thanks...Jeff

2. Dave N

Dave N Member

Car:
    06 Golf TDI BEW 09A
    Yes you will need to add a relay for the foglights. What lights are you getting? Ecode? If you are getting projectors you should go ahead and upgrade the main lamps to HID otherwise you'll be disappointed with the performance of the projectors with halogen bulbs

3. eddi887

eddi887 Member

Car:
    2003 Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    Air intake
    Hi Dave,

I found the relay harness on eBay, so I've have that on the way. The lights are from a company called CAR Parts Innovation. They don't say if they're halogen or not, but I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks...Jeff