Turning off Seat belt warning in VCDS

Discussion in 'Ross Tech VCDS forum' started by TDI_Brad, Sep 5, 2012.

1. TDI_Brad

TDI_Brad Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL
    Mods:
    Cool Stuff
    I was playing in VCDS last night and turned off my seat belt warning. Its under instruments address then adaptations. There is a channel for seatbelt warning. Change that from version 2 to 3. This changes the chime you hear when starting the car and the seatbelt light comes on briefly and then goes off with seatbelt not buckled. I don't know if anyone else has posted or discovered this so I thought I would share but you should still wear your seatbelt.

login to remove this ad
  2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    I turned my seat belt warning and chime off http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f24/my-vcds-tweaks-9156/.

To do this it uses Long Coding so what you changed should be logged in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Debug\CodingLog.TXT.

3. TDI_Brad

TDI_Brad Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL
    Mods:
    Cool Stuff
    I didn't even realize there a VCDS section in this forum because I always go the B7 section through my bookmarks link. Thanks Keith I'll have to see what other tweaks I can find in here.

4. tom308

tom308 New Member

Car:
    2006 jetta
  5. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    I have a user on another forum that wants to enable the seatbelt chime on his 2006 EOS 2.0 FSI. I showed him what I did I did with mine. He says he doesn't have Long Coding in his system. As anyone tried this on there 2006 models?

Enable Seat Belt Chime

I searched for this and found a video for the same procedure on a Mk3 Scirocco.