Turbo and Engine blown - Keep or Scrap? What would you do?

Discussion in 'Mk7 VW Golf, Sportwagen and Audi A3 TDI forums' started by GroovyOne, Mar 26, 2016.

1. frodoz737

frodoz737 Active Member

Car:
    2015 Prius Four, 2014 Corolla S, 2010 Prius II, Cimbria SS
    Mods:
    n/a
    $15,000 repair bill on a car worth about $6,000...even if VW carries half...how much do you really love this car?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  2. no-blue-screen

no-blue-screen Member

Car:
    2015 Golf TDI SEL
    I am sorry to say...but if it were my car I would cut my losses. I know you love the car but given the numbers you have I would move on. 15k is crazy....almost three times what the car is worth...and what's to say the dealer doesn't come up with more issues?

Posted via my phablet using Tapatalk

3. Clarke

Clarke New Member

Car:
    2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI S
    Wouldn't help to check with the lemon law in your state on this particular vehicle. I bought a dirt bike a couple years back and while it too was still under warranty the bike would only run for about 2 miles then shut down. The dealer replaced everything from the stator to the reflectors. Even had the inspector from the manufacturer visit and give it a once over. This was a safety issue due to it being a dual sport ( able to ride on streets). In the end I told the dealer and the company that made the bike I was in the process of filing a lemon law against them both. I got all my investment back. Just something to think about. Doesn't know if will help.

4. frodoz737

frodoz737 Active Member

Car:
    2015 Prius Four, 2014 Corolla S, 2010 Prius II, Cimbria SS
    Mods:
    n/a
    Something tells me at 97K miles that's a dead end however, the Lawyers are lining up for a piece of VW right now.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  5. Ol'Rattler

Ol'Rattler Well-Known Member

Car:
    06 TDI Jetta
    Just wow, I understand your pain, I would figure out some way to wallk away if you can. "German engineering" in it's self is geat however the EPA's has made the CR's one of the most rediculouse cars to own because of the out of his world emission standards the they have unleashed on VW Diesels by the EPA.

I have read that is part of the problem is the standards are the same for Gasoline engines as they are for are the Diesels. so hey EPA lets go for a cradle to grave VOC limit which Diesels can pass easily were gassers woul fail in the refining, storage and transport parts of gasolines existance.

I see you have a 2009 and with the Cat and the DPF are in the same housing so if the DPF ever cracks, which some do, that will be an other$ 6000 repair if you have emission testing were you license it.

Oh, annd there is the HPFP failures...........................

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017