Seat ibiza 1.6 cr tdi power not same all times.....

Discussion in 'SEAT and Škoda TDI' started by wwiimaniac, Dec 15, 2017.

1. wwiimaniac

wwiimaniac New Member

Car:
    Seat ibiza 1.6 tdi 2014
    I have a seat ibiza cr tdi 1.6 2014 model with 90hp and 230nm with 127.000 km . Sometimes the car is so powerfull that the esp light comes on at second gear easily at some roads at my neiborhoud and at 3rd gear i clearly feel the torgue from 1500 rpm-3000rpm. Other times , at the same roads the 2nd gear doesnt have the power for the esp light to come on and at the third gear the torgue is more noticable from 2100-3000rpm... I have checked with vcds... no fault... map exelent with 800+ both reguested and actual , map excelent with 1,4 bar with reall boost following the reguested, commonrail exelent with nice pressure up to 1600 bar and injectors seem fine too (dont know how to check them with vcds but since everything else is ok with my car a suspect they work ok?)....

I suspect that it has to do with the dpf? maybe before regen there is exhaust restriction and after not without me realising ? My dpf light has never light up ofcurse. Maybe the diesel quality?

My problem , is not really a problem no bad fuel mileage ( i get from 5.3 L/100 km with economy driving 120 km/h-130km/h with cruise control to 7.0 l/100km with extreme driving) no difficult startups no hesitation no jerking no nothing... and the engine sounds as smooth as f@@k... but i want the power to be deliver nice and strong everytime with the same way every time... i dont like that performance up and down....and i am sure about what i tell you i notice since i know the car and how it works so good that even the slightest alternation at its performance is notisable to me.

Anyone that has an idea what to inspect?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  2. wwiimaniac

wwiimaniac New Member

Car:
    Seat ibiza 1.6 tdi 2014
    So nice forum, but it would be better if people responded to post faster...

3. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    This is basically a VW TDI forum so users have no or little experience with Seat & Skoda vehicle so its hard to make a comment on what to do.

With OP comment:

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing.

wwiimaniac likes this.
  4. wwiimaniac

wwiimaniac New Member

Car:
    Seat ibiza 1.6 tdi 2014
    Thanks for the replay. Yes indeed you are right. It is mainly a VW forum, but the Seat I have has the CAYB motor. The exact same one has the Skoda Rapid the Polo TDI and other VW TDI cars etc..... actually I am not guessing, I have already scanned my car many times with VCDS through VAG-COM cable and not a single time I got any code. I even tested MAP MAF common rail with advanced measurement and everything seems working excellent.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2017
  5. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Manufacturer: Seat, Date(s) Used: 05/2009-05/2011, Model: Ibiza/ST, Engine Code: CAYB, 66Kw, 90PS, 1.6 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR)
    Manufacturer: Seat, Date(s) Used: 05/2013-12/2013, Model: Altea (MPV), Engine Code: CAYB, 66Kw, 90PS, 1.6 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR)
    Manufacturer: Seat, Date(s) Used: 05/2010-, Model: Leon, Engine Code: CAYB, 66Kw, 90PS, 1.6 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR)
    Manufacturer: Skoda, Date(s) Used: 08/2013-05/2015, Model: Rapid, Engine Code: CAYB, 66Kw, 90PS, 1.6 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR)
    Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 09/2009-05/2014, Model: Polo/Derby/Vento/Classic Polo/Classic, Engine Code: CAYB, 66Kw, 90PS, 1.6 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: India ("IND"): Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR)

As taken from my new VAG Engine & Transmission Codes

6. wwiimaniac

wwiimaniac New Member

Car:
    Seat ibiza 1.6 tdi 2014
    i did a vcds log one month ago, i upload here the file, please test it with vc-scope and tell me your opinion. Specifically see the reguested vs real boost.... i think i have a slow turbo spool especialy at the 3rd gear ..... Remember my car is a vnt turbo . I am no expert and maybe the graph is normal, i need your opinions, because i see a slow spool and if you agree i maybe test the turbo for boost leak or exaust leak or steaky n75 aquator or vnt vanes..... my car is completely stock btw. I see a performance drop in general, at on time the car has power from 1500rpm in 3rd gear that my body sticks to the seat and others times i feel not the torque ... other times in 2nd gear the car is so powerfull the tyres slip and the esp light xome on and other times at teh same road the car will never spin and i feel the power loss... no codes, no limp mode no nothing just random power loss....... PLEASE HELP

FILE: https://we.tl/zUCjTZc4yS

7. wwiimaniac

wwiimaniac New Member

Car:
    Seat ibiza 1.6 tdi 2014
    COME on people I even attached you a VCDS file.... anyone hello me? the CAYB motor that my seat has is the same as a lot of VW TDI... to be specific all of the 1.6 TDI-CR VW has the CAYB motor

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
  8. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    That VCDS file is only a csv file not a full AutoScan which needs a lot of interpreting by VCDS experts. If you have a genuine VCDS cable them make sure its registered online VCDS Dongle Registration then you can join Ross-Tech forum. Make a new thread about your problem with a full AutoScan attached.

If you have already joined the Ross-Tech forum then why are you asking?