R5 Misfire help needed

Discussion in 'Ross Tech VCDS forum' started by 4ePikanini, Nov 5, 2012.

1. 4ePikanini

4ePikanini Member

Car:
    2005 Touareg R5
    Driving a long journey yesterday and halfway to home the car started vibrating.

It vibrates a lot when idling and under load below 3000rpm.

I nursed the car home with very light throttle. (A bottle of injector cleaner went in before the journey - when empty I refilled the tank with diesel without any additives and the problem persists)

I scanned it and VCDS returned a misfire on cylinder 5. It comes back after a few seconds if I clear it.

I tried disconnecting the ecu for a few minutes but that made no difference.
    I tried disconnecting the egr, throttle butterfly and MAF. That made no difference
    I changed the fuel filter. That made no difference.
    I pulled the tappet cover and the lobes aren't worn at all. I also disconnected the injector connectors, cleaned the contacts and reinserted. That made no difference.

I then thought it may be an electrical issue.

I ran some measuring blocks and this is the result.

NB: The injector mg/str is multiplied by 10 on the chart to exagerate. The attached log file is as it was logged via VCDS.

1638rpm in "Park".
    [​IMG]

Idle measurements
    [​IMG]

Chart of measurements -> Start -> revving in "Park"

NB: The injector mg/str is multiplied by 10 on the chart to exagerate. The attached log file is as it was logged via VCDS.
    [​IMG]

Log file

[​IMG]

2. 4ePikanini

4ePikanini Member

Car:
    2005 Touareg R5
    I have also disconnected and cleaned the injector harnass connection at the back of the head. It didn't help.

3. majeka

majeka New Member

Car:
    a4 tdi 2006
    I have similar problem with R5 how did you get on with the misfire