Problem with ignition swich or lock cylinder Skoda Octavia

Discussion in 'SEAT and Škoda TDI' started by szpryczek, Feb 7, 2016.

1. szpryczek

szpryczek New Member

Car:
    Skoda Octavia 2RS 2007
    I have skoda octavia 2rs but am 99% sure the elements in lock cylinder is the same like on vw or audi. My problem is I can't turn more my key like on position for unlock the stering wheel. I think is a prolem with lock cylinder. I try to remove lock cylinder use the instruction http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/i...k-cylinder-removal-and-repair-on-vw-and-audi/ but normally you need to turn key 90 degrees but I can only 45. And there is not hole for papier clip. But when I little fight with key I can turn lock around but the the stering whel is still lock and and I can remove the key everytime. Somebody have the same problem maybe find solution for remove a lock cylinder with change everythings???

2. xeno555

xeno555 Well-Known Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Tech Package 6mt
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Sway & Ends. Panzer Plate.
    Sounds like a mechanical failure of the locking mechanism.

If the key is right and it's the original lock. THen maybe getting a VIN cut key may help. If not then I guess you have the change the lock.

3. szpryczek

szpryczek New Member

Car:
    Skoda Octavia 2RS 2007
    Ok I little fight with key and I can turn the silver cover with hole where I want. But I don't know for remove the cylinder the key must be in ? ANd second question somebody can mark on picture where is the correct place for take a wire or papier clip
    This the link for my keyswitch:

http://imgur.com/guDMbtB

4. szpryczek

szpryczek New Member

Car:
    Skoda Octavia 2RS 2007
  5. nicolas1

nicolas1 New Member

Car:
    Audi A4 1.8TFSI - 2008, Skoda Octavia 2 - 2007
    I'll use your thread to ask for my ignition lock cylinder.
    Can I remove the black plastic cover around de cylinder before try to cut or remove anti theft screws?

6. Ol'Rattler

Ol'Rattler Well-Known Member

Car:
    06 TDI Jetta
    If I Recall correctly you do not have to remove the the entire lock assembly from the steering column. In the video it was done to make details easier to see. As you are in your picture, you can remove the lock assembly with no further disassembly.

Do exactly like he did in the video starting at 1 minute (60 seconds).