POLL: Frostheater installation: Walkthrough

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by ncsteinb, Nov 21, 2016.

?

Should I do a writeup of the FrostHeater installation on a MK5 BRM Jetta and a MK4 ALH Jetta?

1. Yes, I think it would be helpful!

100.0%
  2. Nah, I'm ok with a dangling plug.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ncsteinb

ncsteinb New Member

Car:
    2006 BRM Jetta Manual, 2002 ALH Jetta Manual, 1997 318ti w/turbo 6cyl (M50) swap
    Mods:
    Koni Yellow adjustable dampers, H&R Sport Springs, ECS Tuning Dogbone insert, ECS Single Mass Flywheel (both), EGR delete (both), Malone tune (both), BMW-> All of the mods!
    Hi everyone,

I recently purchased two frostheaters: one for my 2006 BRM Jetta, and one for my 2002 ALH Jetta. I was looking for a method to install a very clean installation of these heaters and couldn't find one. As some of you have seen, most installations of block heaters end up with a cord dangling out of the grille or somewhere in the front. I felt this was unacceptable. I saw the Canadian heater package with a very clean plug receptacle mounted on the bumper area, and figured, "I could find a good solution to this!!". I believe I have.

I'm wondering whether I should do a write-up on the installation process, documenting how I installed it, things I modified, and include part numbers for the installation.

By a show of responses, I'd like to gather whether I should take the time to do it. So, if you feel it would be helpful, please vote.

Cheers,
    Nevin

2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    If you'd like to do it, it would be very helpful and you can even make a new FAQ article! The instructions are at the top of the main page and is as easy as typing it into the forum.

3. jason_

jason_ New Member

Car:
    09 CR tdi wagon
    I just bought a receptacle and mounted it, so any extension cord plugs into it. Made a bracket for a backer for strength and mounted to the unibody.

If I back out straight enough the cord will unplug itself perfectly.

My Bosch circle saw is the same way, it comes with no pigtail. Plug in an ex cord, presto, 100ft cord on the saw. Best idea ever.

Sent from my S-Off'ed HTC One...

4. mu2bdriver

mu2bdriver Active Member

Car:
    2003 Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    Stock
    I'd like to see a write up. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Ted Tolentino

Ted Tolentino New Member

Car:
    Jetta, TDI, 2002; Passat, v-6, 2002
    Please count my vote favoring a write up. Thanks.