Petrodiesel - Chicagoland - where ?

Discussion in 'Biodiesel general' started by wrocek, Jan 14, 2013.

1. wrocek

wrocek New Member

Car:
    2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
    As background, the 2012 Jetta TDI owner's manual states, page 242.

"Diesel fuel with a higher concentration than ULSD-Diesel No. 2 ASTM D975 and Bio-diesel with a higher concentration than 5% like B11, B20 or B100 are strictly prohibited."

OK... so where I can buy a petrodiesel?
    Looks like everyone has a biodiesel now.
    I asked VW customer service - they have no idea
    BP, Mobil And Shell gave me a hint - look on internet,
    "we have a searchable engine, look on it"
    but there is no petro or bio diesel database, they just put everything , petro and bio together.

so... where I am able to buy a petrodiesel (#2) ? I do live north Cook County, but enywhere I check (Midwest, from Michigan all the way to Wyoming) , all of them have black-blue sticker with bio-diesel on it. 99% salespersons have no idea about diesel they sell, "it's just a diesel , sir"

tnx

login to remove this ad
  2. Jim W

Jim W Member

Car:
    2011 Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    2011 Jetta-none, 2008 RAM Mega Cab lost the BlueTe
    I buy my diesel from either Meijer stations or Wal-Mart (Murphy Oil) both of these are straight No 2 diesel. Although in the winter it will have anti-gelling agents in it, might be mixed with No. 1 diesel and or chemicals to make winter diesel fuel. I have been buying Meijer’s and or Wal-Mart since Nov, 07 for my Cummins diesel and continued to use this for the wife’s Jetta TDI. Also cheaper than Shell, BP or Mobil diesel; I have been paying around $3.75 a gallon this winter for diesel.
    Jim W.

3. Jakono

Jakono New Member

Car:
    2005 E320 MB CDI, 2012 E350 MB Bluetec
    I buy ULSD at Sam's Club in Evanston, IL if you are up north or I just travel to the border Chicago/Wisconsin off 94 on route 50 BP or Shell u can also get it from Pleasant Prairie by the outlet mall. Most gas station in Illinois/Indiana sell diesel bio blend I stay away from most of them.