Passat 2.0 CBAC DSG smoke in 1st gear

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by numnut30002000, Feb 9, 2017.

1. numnut30002000

numnut30002000 New Member

Car:
    passat
    Mods:
    none
    I have a passat b6 2.0 tdi cbac dsg (2009) with a smoking problem only in 1st gear the smoke is black the car feels like its being choked until the turbo kicks in. i have blocked of the egr and disconnected it i've also tried a new egr , i've also had a dpf cleaned (a number of test were carried out when doing this) and put a camera into the dpf and it doesn't look blocked at all there are no codes im just wondering if anyone knows anything of this as i cant understand why its only in 1st gear in both sport and drive
    help much appreciated

2. mrblah

mrblah Member

Car:
    VW JSW 2014 TDI 6sp
    Have you tried datalogging while driving to monitor exhaust pressures, soot levels in the DPF, etc...?

3. xeno555

xeno555 Well-Known Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Tech Package 6mt
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Sway & Ends. Panzer Plate.
    You can check soot level with VCDS.

Changed fuel and air filter?
    Check MAF(MAS)?
    Clogged injector?
    Check pump timing?

4. numnut30002000

numnut30002000 New Member

Car:
    passat
    Mods:
    none
    thanks for your replies ive never took those roots i was still stuck on thinking it was egr related i know the dpf was ok
    today i spent the day on it and found that on the egr cooler at the back of the engine has an actuator, after doing some research on what it does
    i found a post with basicly the same problem only his actuator was damaged i removed mine and it was holding pressure ok i found a video on youtube showing it working

eventho this guys problem is again different my actuator is doing nothing

it seams clear that this is my problem i've changed the n18 or n75 valve and the egr solenoid mt2 i think its called, just because my other car is the same, yet the actuator is not doing anything . i'm now looking to find out what is controlling this actuator or if someone had a wiring diagram for the egr solenoid or a way of testing it.
    thanks in advanced

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017