Parking this far over the line? Seriously?

Discussion in 'The off ramp' started by chittychittybangbang, Jun 7, 2015.

1. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I returned to my car to find someone parked about 8 inches away from my driver's side door. The grey Honda to its left was there when I went into the store and yes it was a little off center but for the idiot in the Chevy to park so far over the line and block me...:bangshead Seriously, WTF, are you that stupid!

I took pics in case he scraped my car but luckily I didn't find any damage. I was parked on the right and this pic was after I pulled out.

idiot.jpg

login to remove this ad
  2. mishkaya

mishkaya Member

Car:
    2013 Passat 6MT, 2014 JSW 6MT
    Some people have no consideration for others... :(
    I'm surprised it didn't happen in a Walmart parking lot... :D

3. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    thats nice of you... id have filled shopping carts with big rocks and make sure you left him less room then yourself.. after a few violent pushes... i watched one **** leve his mountain dew cube under his cart.. was **** like that.. i snatched that cube.. gave it to a person who likes the crap.. cause they deserved to loose it..

4. Sparkn

Sparkn Member

Car:
    2014 Jetta TDI
    I wrote and rewrote a couple of times, but in the end this guy doesn't deserve the attention.

5. cheoah

cheoah New Member

Car:
    06 Jetta TDI
    Meh. Count yourself lucky. No telling what their story is, or what they're on.

6. gt4494

gt4494 Active Member

Car:
    2005 NB
    Southeast Coast on I-95. Radar detector on and yes Herbie still gets 40mpg at 80 mph
    Heck, that's how my wife always parks. ;)

Actually she has a different car now and hasn't figured out exactly where the corners are yet. :)

7. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Yeah, just very annoying and rude. I can understand if the parking spaces are super tight but these were fine and I was worried they ran into me, they were that close. Our cars were almost touching.

When my side view mirror turn signal was replaced, it was because the sealed housing was cracked and moisture got in, causing the PCB to corrode. I'm wondering if someone parked too close and hit the side view mirror with a SUV bumper or their mirror.

8. Sparkn

Sparkn Member

Car:
    2014 Jetta TDI
    There you go! Also stops grocery carts and little old ladies with walkers.

image.jpg

9. YukonLT

YukonLT Member

Car:
    2010 Golf TDI 6MT
    Mods:
    CR170 Turbo, Buzzken Exhaust, FixMyVW Race Pipe, Malone Stage 3.5+, CP3 HPFP, 2Micron Prefilter
    Drivers are getting worse by the day it seems. I have WTF moments just about every day that I commute to work. Simple things too, such as remembering to signal and what not. Very disconcerting...

10. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    No, it's about the same as it's always been but now we have cameras :D This happened to me last friday. The wide angle lens makes it look much farther than it really was...it was a full ABS panic stop. My reaction time was pretty good since I was watching him and saw him pulling out. The banging noise was my backpack and stuff flying forward.

Drive defensively- if you have to stop and think if you can make it through an intersection, STOP...the answer is no. Just wait. If you ever take off your door panel and look at the thin piece of bent steel, you see it's not going to stop a 3-5,000 lbs vehicle from crushing you in a broadside.

11. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    '12 Golf TDI sold to VW 2/8/17
    This (OP) is why you need to start carrying around some sidewalk chalk with you, make the needed point without resorting to any actual damage... :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Obviously you can be a lot ruder in your commenting as well; up to you though :D