oil pump drive shaft gone

Discussion in 'Audi TDI forums' started by aoleks, Sep 5, 2017.

1. aoleks

aoleks New Member

Car:
    Audi A4 B8 2008 2.0 TDI CR
    hi all,

audi a4 b8 2008 2.0 tdi 143hp caga engine

137k miles, castrol edge only, well driven and well maintained

2 days ago, I got the low oil pressure light on dashboard. I was on a busy road, hence I drove for another 2 miles/5 minutes before shutting the engine off. I then called green flag, who took me home. it turns out the oil pump module on this engine is crap, as audi thought it was wise to connect some of the most vital parts of the engine with the crappiest quality metal out there.

long story short, I'm getting my hands dirty and changing shit. initially I thought it was a matter of removing the undertrays, removing sump, removing oil shaft assembly, replacing old parts and puttin things back together. turns out you must remove the subframe... really???

who's done this on this car before? any special tools I need? can it be done with the subframe in place? how do I undo the bolts holding the sump in place (the ones from the gearbox side)? some people say you don't need to remove subframe, others say you do. some say you must remove gearbox to get access to bolts, others say you don't.

anyone here who has a bit of knowledge they can share? I would have to pay a garage £300 just to look at it (if the turbo/main bearings are gone), so why not buy tools/bolts/silicone with that money and attempt myself? I already have all the other tools, unless I need an engine jack.

thanks,
    chris

2. john Andrews

john Andrews New Member

Car:
    Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDi (uk) S-line Avant
    if its the same I had this go on mine this time last year :( think its the same thing?....balance shaft in oil pump worn by connecting shaft?

upload_2017-9-11_12-56-46.png

John.

3. aoleks

aoleks New Member

Car:
    Audi A4 B8 2008 2.0 TDI CR
    yes, that's the problem...