New guy from west Michigan

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by WMITDI, Oct 24, 2017.

1. WMITDI

WMITDI New Member

Car:
    2006 VW Jetta TDI
    Hey everyone! Justin here from west michigan. Picked up an 2006 Jetta TDI with the DSG about 3 weeks ago. Had it for 3 days and took it in to the local dealer and had all of the rust fixed.....love that 12 year warranty! Anyhow, its got 119k on the clock, timing belt has been done, I just dont know at what mileage. I contacted the guy that did it and he said he needed the previous owners name in order to look it up, otherwise just figure at 100k.

So, this past weekend I did front bearings, pads and rotors and rear pads. Have the rotors but am waiting on a 14mm spline socket to do them.

Love the car and even with the dropping temps and assuming the already switch to winter blend diesel, she's sticking around 41-43mpg. I drive mostly highway, so that is awesome compared to the hemi grand cherokee I just came out of (except for the go pedal though lol).

Anyhow, looking forward to chatting with all and providing my input when I can and learning when I need to!

2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB