NC Newbie

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by Chugtruck, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Chugtruck

Chugtruck New Member

Car:
    2004 Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    None
    Just wanted to drop a line and let everyone know how much I appreciate your help. My son bought a 2004 Jetta TDI and after I found out about the cam issues, it was to late. He drove it for 6 months or so when it started skipping and set a cam code. When I took the valve cover off, the cam was bad and the lifter was missing. Long story short, it had ate a valve and holed a piston (and took out an injector). So after reading up on it via this form, I decided to work on it myself. Even though I've referred to a lot of post from different folks on this form, one name kept popping up..."frank06". I ended up contacting him directly and I can honestly say I would not have completed this task without him. He supplied me with an engine and even though I live in NC, he talked me through every problem I had. He ALWAYS accepted my call regardless of the time or day. I finally got it back down on the ground last night and ready to put it back in action. I still have an engine code but I'm hoping it's just something that needs programming or a wire that's disconnected. It seems to run extraordinarily well to be anything major (crossing fingers). So THANKS to all of you and especially Frank!!

Bill E.

login to remove this ad
  2. Chugtruck

Chugtruck New Member

Car:
    2004 Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    None
    Oh...and one other thing I want to mention...whatever engineer(s) designed this dang car to replace every single bolt when replacing parts...I hope Satan has a very warm spot reserved for you.

3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Nice, glad it worked out!

Yeah, it's called a torque to yield bolt. VAG love to use them.