Mk6 Golf Rear Hatch Storage Tray

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by Keithuk, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Since I've had my Golf I have a tool kit wrap, tyre inflator, overhauls and an umbrella. I thought it could be handy to have one of these rear hatch storage trays.

I Googled these a few years ago.

ETKA
    Stowage compartment under luggage compartment cover 1K0 061 178 - £95 dropped on 01/07/2008 for new A
    Stowage compartment under luggage compartment cover 1K0 061 178 A dropped on 01/03/2009 without a replacement

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-Rabbi...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb70c706f

Which aren't available. The other day I found a new site.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-MK5-MK6-RABBIT-GOLF-GTI-REAR-HATCH-STORAGE-TRAY-/121554687120

The list shows years 2006-2014.

I know they aren't cheap for a plastic shelf.

A friend I used to work with had a 2006 Seat Leon and he wanted a rear hatch tray. He found a Mk2 tray, I tried it in mine but it was to short and wasn't worth modifying.

Anyone thought about getting one for extra storage?

2. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    '12 Golf TDI sold to VW 2/8/17
    I had one in my R32; sold it off before I moved to the TDI. It was mildly useful for smaller items, but it seemed to honestly get in the way more than it helped for me at least, because it sits there in the opening, killing the whole point of why the parcel shelf lifts with the hatch.

I always though it would be perfect if you could "mount" it to the actual parcel shelf so it automatically lifted up when you opened the hatch; then have a latch or something that allows you to access it when you actually want to.

3. TDI Hoo

TDI Hoo Member

Car:
    2010 Golf TDI
    I have one for sale from the TDI VW bought back in December. It is in perfect shape. VW OEM with the liners for each little cubby hole Message me if interested. $25 plus shipping. Only for USA.

4. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    '12 Golf TDI sold to VW 2/8/17
    Nice, but OP is in England, so... ;)