Mk4 Jetta tdi P2564 code

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by Hamhock, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Hamhock

Hamhock New Member

Car:
    Mk4 tdi jetta
    I'm looking to buy a 2005 mk4 Jetta TDI 5 spd. It has the p2564 code. It looks a bit wet around the lower part of the engine and trans. The splash shield is a little wet at the seams. There seems to be a missing plug on top of the trans with a double hole I can see the flywheel. The coolant sensor plug is dry. Engine oil seems clean. I take the filler cap off and it's splashing and smoking out the filler. The filler cap seems to be leaking a little. The a/c does not work. It runs and drives fine and rattles like I would expect a diesel to. It's a manual trans. I know little about tdi's.

2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

VAG Error Code: 18996/009572

EOBD II Error Code: P2564

Fault Location:
    Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor (G581) Circuit - Signal too Low

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Wiring/Connector(s).
    Turbocharger Vane Position Sensor (G500) faulty.

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Turbocharger Vane Position Sensor (G500).
    Check Turbocharger Vane Position Sensor (G500).
    When found in VW 2.0L PD TDI with engine codes BRM and BEW see Measuring Block 043.2 for Turbocharger Vane Position Sensor (G500) readings.
    Key On, Engine Off (KOEO) Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) 043.2 should be 0%.
    Key On, Engine Run (KOER) Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) should be 100%.

As taken from my new Free EOBD II Error Codes software

3. Tom MacDonald

Tom MacDonald Member

Car:
    2004 Jetta TDI Station Wagon (North American)
    Sounds scary. There's a TDI buyer's checklist in the main mk4 wiki:

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/m...-2005-golf-new-beetle-1998-2006-buying-guide/

As far as the P2564, I have that same code on my car and have been driving without incidence with it for the past year. The computer defaults to using the MAP sensor instead of the turbo vane position sensor to provide feedback to the boost control circuitry. It does reduce power and mileage and I think might go through a catalytic converter quicker... but in my case the sensor is broken (actuator still works fine), and heat-welded to the turbo so I can't replace it (also, they don't make replacements, so you have to find one).

I would check the turbo actuator wiring.

See my post on this here:

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/thread...nsor-how-does-it-work-how-do-i-test-it.30461/

Note that to test the sensor you need to measure the voltage of the green/brown wire while you actuate the actuator with a vacuum pump.