Live data channel list?

Discussion in 'Audi TDI forums' started by Daventry, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Daventry

Daventry New Member

Car:
    Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDI 2002
    I'm using an Icarsoft908 to read my engine codes. I want to read live date from the MAP sensor. There are data channels - LOTS! Does anyone have a list?

Long story - Overboost error code into limp mode. Turbo inspected and the vanes are clean as a whistle so its not that. No split pipes.

2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Try looking for one that goes from around 400 to 850. No data labels or units on the Icarsoft908?

3. Daventry

Daventry New Member

Car:
    Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDI 2002
    Firstly, - got bored and changer the sensor. That sorted it.
    "one that goes from around 400 to 850" do you mean the sensor? What units are you working in? Audis are metric. Ambient pressure on my test day was 1010Mbar. If I was looking at the right channel, the sensor put out readings between 950 on deceleration and 1600+ on the boost (too busy driving to take accurate readings!). Anyway I figure that the sensor was worn and putting out exaggerated readings at the top end.

Back to the question, there are pages of live data. 4 readings to a page. Yes, there are labels, but vague. "temperature" , "pressure", "duty". Great, but "temperature2 of what? The stupid thing is that I have seen that list of channels and I thought that I downloaded it but I can't find it now.

So it exists and it must be a fairly standard format. Well, I need to visit a dealer today so I'll see if I can talk to someone with sense ........ yeah, I know.