Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor P2015

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by 2009TDI, Jan 2, 2013.

1. TDISportAaron

TDISportAaron New Member

Car:
    2008 VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI 170 SE
    Hi Jim,

The last time I installed it I also got this 0.680v reading, but upon the light coming back on I found that the voltage was still 0.380 - so hence me looking under the bonnet - I found it had twisted - Lets just assume I hadn't tightened it properly then on the first occasion (see above for the other error codes I found upon scanning - so perhaps it caused these other codes when it became loose?

I've scanned the code again now - the car has only been moved about 50 feet though to be fair and the fault is still there (the error code anyway) - the readings are still around the 0.7 value (0.680). Pictures and video below:
    Photo 16-02-2017, 15 46 03.jpg

Video:

2. TDISportAaron

TDISportAaron New Member

Car:
    Just a quick question then..... Would the fault code actually disappear if the issue was sorted? Or would it keep it logged for future reference? Or is it just the light which should go off? - In which case mine may not due to the coolant pump 2.

3. dieselgeek

dieselgeek Site Sponsor

Car:
    2016 Golf TDI 6MT
    The fault code will sit dormant for many start cycles if you don't clear it. I think it is a total of 255 cycles, but I could be mistaken. Only the codes that say "MIL ON" have a check engine light associated with them.

Thanks,
    Jim

TDISportAaron likes this.
  4. TDISportAaron

TDISportAaron New Member

Car:
    Well... I got the coolant pump 2 issue fixed (required a new pump), cleared the codes (this was only last thursday so it's still early days).
    Fingers crossed the P2015 issue won't re-appear.

5. Piotr

Piotr New Member

Car:
    VW
    Hello,
    At first: hello and regards from Poland:)
    my collegue had the same problem with PO2015 and we considered if MIL will indicates if voltage value min. 1.1V and max. 3.8V?
    What is your opinion? If CPU can indicate too narrow range?

6. dieselgeek

dieselgeek Site Sponsor

Car:
    2016 Golf TDI 6MT
    Those numbers indicate something is wrong but I cannot say for sure what it is.

7. Piotr

Piotr New Member

Car:
    VW
    Yes, values of voltages were theoretical. Before we bought "repair bracket" we had another idea to solve failure po2015. But then voltages were as I mentioned. We did not implement our solution but we are curious if CPU will indicate any failure.
    Thx

8. Jayteey

Jayteey New Member

Car:
    Audi A4 B8
    Hi all, I had this problem earlier on in the year. After a lot of messing about and to save time typing, I bought the bracket like "diesel geeks" and it didn't work. What I ended up doing was taking the motor assembly off the car, bought a new one from a parts dealer and it threw another code. So, I took my motor apart along with the new one i bought, swapped the electric motor inside over and put my old motor assembly back on and the problem went away. The reason why the new assembly still threw a code was because of the sensors inside it. It's a VERY EASY swap and takes around 30 mins to complete. After putting my old assembly back on with the new motor in it, I put the other assembly back together and took it back! Full refund. So I fixed the issue all for free basically... hope this helps.

9. Jayteey

Jayteey New Member

Car:
    Audi A4 B8
    Look at my post on page 5 for full description. The bracket from "dieselgeek" only works for one way, it'll stop the arm travelling too far right, but not left. Change the little motor as I did and it stops everything

10. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
  11. Piotr

Piotr New Member

Car:
    VW
    Thank you.
    But I'm still considering about voltage range, means: if below 0.38V CPU indicate error, what is maximum voltage (flaps open) without error eg. 1.2 or more?

12. dperger

dperger New Member

Car:
    2005 Jetta TDI
    Have a 2005.5 1.9L that is giving the P2015 code does this fix apply to my car?
    Thanks,
    Dennis

13. TDIJEDDA

TDIJEDDA New Member

Car:
    2006 VW Jetta
    I think Diesel Geek has a cheap fix for that, can't remember for sure.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

14. peatlaj

peatlaj New Member

Car:
    Vw Passat 2.0crtdi 2008
    Hi all,
    I had a problem with my 2008 Passat Crtdi . P2004 and P2006. My mechanic cleaned the intake manifold. After this i have P2015 code.
    I've found this solution with screw (https://sites.google.com/site/p2015fix/home) but this not works with my car. I still have the error. Unfortunately I havent Vcds and I dont know the volts value :( I have no idea where is the error in my car. Anybody? :)
    Sorry for my English :)