I feel like VW Neutered my TDI Jetta after the emissions modification

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by Myridge, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Myridge

Myridge New Member

Car:
    VW, Jetta TDI, 2009
    So far I am not pleased with the emissions mod from VW. I Got my car back earlier this month its a 2009 TDI Jetta with 303,000 miles on it and it ran great when I took it in. Was getting around 45-46MPG while cruising 75MPH down the freeway. Now it's averaging 35MPG. Also, the car feels neutered and lost it's pep, it shifts really soft and weak and way too early for my driving style. I feel they really screwed it up and now it's not so fun to drive. I may look into removing what ever it was they did or perform a DPF delete. I have zero concern about warranty as the warranty they offer I'll exceed the mileage limits within a year as I drive 50-65,000 miles a year.

Did anyone look into reversing the emission mod? What is entailed in doing so?

2. a j caristo

a j caristo New Member

Car:
    audi A3 2011
    thanks for the info, i'm looking for this type of info from folks who have done the modification. i have a 2011 audi a3 with far less mileage than you have and really don't want the buy back since the car is fun to drive and there really is no replacement for it. i have no concern with the decreased mileage, it's still way better than anything out there, but i am concerned about the vehicle being less fun to drive. i believe we have until 11-1-2018 to get this modification done, i'm not interested in getting money from vw, i like the car and want to keep it the way it is. i'm not sure if i can just not get the modification done since there is currently no emissions test for diesels in nc so i'll have to do further research on this. a vw customer service rep said that i did not have to do the modification but after 11-1-18 i would be responsible for any emission system repairs, i don't know how accurate his information is but i'll keep researching. if you have any additional insights on performance, i'd be happy to hear about it. thanks for our info again.