How to unlock RNS510 VIM TV Free for free (video in motion to play dvd while driving)

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by chittychittybangbang, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Sichak

Sichak New Member

Car:
    2012 Jetta SEL
    Mods:
    None yet
    So is there any way for me to watch movies while driving over 5 mph? I did buy the car in North America

2. Marvin75841

Marvin75841 New Member

Car:
    2014 CC VR6 Exec 4Motion
    Mods:
    VIM hack
    Hey guys.

Checking in. Did this hack on a brand new 2014 cc vr6 exec 4motion using active ISO burner and a memorex CD-R burned at 4x.

Did the start up just like it's stated on this site with the three button reboot before and it works perfectly.

H23 and 5374 is my setup

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  3. Pagels

Pagels New Member

Car:
    2010 Touareg
    Mods:
    Stock
    Just wanted to say thanks. Worked on my 2010 Touareg.

Memorex CD-RW
    Roxi0 Burner

Gave me an error once and eject the CD. I immediately reinserted and it began scanning and installing.

4. Rick1893

Rick1893 New Member

Car:
    VW Passat TDI SEL, 2014
    2014 Passat TDI SEL w/ RNS 510... and bought in North America. Worked like a charm. Very pleased with the ease and outcome. Used regular old CD-R (burned at 4x) and a free ISO burner service online. Thank you for the info, it turned a "what is the point of this?" DVD player into something that can be used by my kids.

5. Christopher Wyman

Christopher Wyman New Member

Car:
    2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium
    I can confirm that it worked with my 2014 TDI SEL w/RNS 510 that I just purchased about 6 hours ago. Burned using the Mac disk utility at 4x. Didn't even turn the car on; just hit the power button on the unit and inserted the CD-RW and waited about 2 mins and done. Works great, no issues. Considering I paid about $150 to get a disk to do this for my 2013 BMW 328 I would say this is some fabulous info. Thanks!

6. xpro

xpro New Member

Car:
    evo fq400, Golf MK5
    Can somebody please confirm if VIM feature stays on the unit after a new map/firmware update? I have a new version to be installed but I'm afraid It will overwrite the VIM.

Thanks

7. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    It stays on. Map definitely. Firmware update does not change this value unless they decide to change this value which they shouldn't. In any case, redoing the VIM should restore it.

8. Bedza

Bedza New Member

Car:
    Škoda Superb 2014
    Hi there,
    I have tried today several times this CD hack on my new Škoda Superb RNS510+TV, no luck.
    - burned ISO Berto89 - OK
    - launched SWL setup in a car with SWL SUCCESS message - OK
    - result - NOT OK

Does anyone have the same experience? Any other ISO to try?

Can you imagine me driving without watching TV ? heh?

Thanks in advance
    Bedza

9. shortydog

shortydog New Member

Car:
    2014 passat tdi
    I got a 2014 passat tdi 2 weeks ago and I did the VIM today. It worked and want to say thanks for posting this information.

10. rgriff436

rgriff436 New Member

Car:
    2012 passat SEL
    I got the same thing on my 2012. Do you ever get a fix? Does anybody know where I can download the link? all the pages are blank.

11. DIGIGI

DIGIGI New Member

Car:
    Skoda Superb, 2014, 4x4, L&K
    Hi all, it didn't work to me as well...
    I've been told that, the newest versions of RNS-510 with firmware version above 5269, it doesn't work! My firmware version is 6270. There is no way to change it with that ISO-file.
    Anyway there is decision..., there is a box which needs to be connected to the RNS-510 and giving wrong data about how many km/h or miles is mooving the car at any moment.
    I'm trying to find it and buy it, if I find out the 'key' I'll let you know... :)

P.S. You can see your firmware version by pressing SETUP/EJECT/MICROPHONE in the same time.

12. kafyG

kafyG New Member

Car:
    VW Golf mk6 1.6tdi SE Bluemotion (fully loaded)
    Mods:
    None
    Is this the same for 2009 golf 1.6 tdi SE bluemotion (top spec)

I think i have the RNS-510

13. kafyG

kafyG New Member

Car:
    VW Golf mk6 1.6tdi SE Bluemotion (fully loaded)
    Mods:
    None
    Can someone tell me if this works in the UK
    I have the 2009 vw golf 1.6tdi SE b/m
    It has the RNS-510 factory fitted want to unlock the dvd motion whilst motion. Can anyone help???

14. DIGIGI

DIGIGI New Member

Car:
    Skoda Superb, 2014, 4x4, L&K
    I think will work. Just try, if doesn't work, nothing will be changed.

kafyG likes this.
  15. Schro

Schro New Member

Car:
    2014 Passat TDI SEL
    This worked on my new 2014 TDI Passat. I did have to try a few different things. CD burn from my PC didn't work.

Had to use my Mac. Then update only worked when rebooting with Eject+ * + Guide.

I tried a few times using <> Eject * but always received a 'CDC/DVD' error message. Finally the above mentioned combo worked. Thanks!

bmo19 likes this.
  16. bmo19

bmo19 New Member

Car:
    VW, Passat, 2015 SEL 1.8T
    So just spent the last few hours trying to get this to work on my 2015 Passat SEL 1.8T and to my absolute surprise, it worked! After multiple failures due to everything from having the car on, not using the correct hard reset (I was doing the left, right, and star buttons at same time instead of eject, star, and guide), and using 2 different ISO burners, finally I had success using a DVD-RW of all things. First "success" I had was with a CD-R that I used some free ISO burner software for I cant remember the name, but after what looked like a successful run through the video still shut off at 5mph. Then I used the DVD, which I had actually burned first but thought it wouldnt work since it was a DVD-"RW", but I had burned it with MagicISO and to my shock not only did it run through successfully, but when I drove away up to 40ish mph on my street the video remained on the entire time with no hiccups.

Just wanted to let people know since I had a hard time finding any info regarding 2015 models, but it does indeed work with the same old ISO linked in the OP.

2015 Passat SEL 1.8T
    Firmware Version: 5378

Side note: slowest I was able to burn with MagicISO was like 16x I believe but still worked

Good luck to anyone giving it a try

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    chittychittybangbang likes this.
  17. VWDan

VWDan New Member

Car:
    2014 Passat
    Worked fine on my 2014 Passat. Used a Maxell CD-R disk and burned it with generic cd burner than comes with Win 7. Did have to do the hold 3 buttons and insert disk trick.

18. jlrein135

jlrein135 New Member

Car:
    2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Pemium
    I was a little worried about trying this but the DVD player is pretty useless as it can only be used while parked in the driveway. It's a great option to have for the kids to watch while on a road trip (no, I do not watch while driving, I cherish my life too much). Burned the file onto a DVD+R, followed the steps, and it was installed & working in less than 5 minutes!

19. Francisco Amaro

Francisco Amaro New Member

Car:
    Volskwagen Sharan 2015
    I have just bought a car which comes with firmware 6276.

The hack above doesn't work ( although the CD runs and a "sucess" message appears).

Has anyone been able to get VIM on the later models with software or hardware ? Also interested if anyone has successfully setup any of the TV tuner devices out there.

Thanks.

20. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I have heard from people with new units that it works. When did you buy your car? I'm curious if this is a very new firmware.