How much did you pay for your Chevy Cruze Diesel under MSRP or invoice price?

Discussion in '2014+ Chevy Cruze diesel forum and club' started by chittychittybangbang, Aug 17, 2013.

1. JasonZ

JasonZ Member

Car:
    2014 Chevrolet Cruze
    Mods:
    Dealer stuff taken off. No free advertising!
    I would push for the number more. the resale value or trade in has tanked. Maybe because dealerships keep thinking it's a regular cruze but it's not. I tried to trade in mine because I'm having electrical problems with the radio. and the service dept is just calling GM service help hotline to do the work. dealer said 11,000 for trade in with 8,500. Then they will wholesale it. I have the Navigation option on this cruze and all it has been is problems. The original one (no navigation has not have any serious issues. just checked black book and it says 14,560-17,160 for the cruze with navi.

MRO1791 likes this.
  2. JasonZ

JasonZ Member

Car:
    2014 Chevrolet Cruze
    Mods:
    Dealer stuff taken off. No free advertising!
    Make sure you have the car checked out be sure everything is tight and attached. I had the hose that goes it the intake that helps control the emissions and when that pop off it took out the ceramic inside the exhaust for the DPF. The cruze I have must of been built on a Friday. Dealer covered everything but still not worth the hassle on both parties.

Boricua and MRO1791 like this.
  3. MRO1791

MRO1791 Member

Car:
    2015 Chevy Cruze TD (x2), 2009 Ram - Cummins P/U, Prior -VW, 2012 Jetta TDI-> traded for Cruze TD
    Mods:
    none, yet.
    Got fully loaded (not sure there is any option the car did not have) MSRP $29K... incentives, etc applied: $23K (bonus cash went from $1000 on Tuesday to $2000 on Wednesday).

Very happy with the deal, they offered $12.5K for my 2012 VW Jetta TDI, considering max Black book is about $14K and the VW debacle, I consider it lucky to get that much, they started at $10.5 (below book).. by the way, over the weekend the first dealer offered 13K, I show up Monday, it becomes 12K (says the difference is tax savings.. hmm).. because I told the other dealership I had an offer for 12K they came up to 12.5K.. the value of the VWs is dropping like a rock..

Like the Cruze so far, only down side is a bit smaller, but the technology is way more advanced, almost overwhelming all the things it can do.. shifts at similar shift points as the DSG, only thing I don't like is the car is rude enough when in manual mode to notify you when it won't shift, with a big message in the dash saying "shift denied" I don't like being denied by my car, or really my wife's car.. I'm just the mechanic/part time driver!