How much did you pay for your Chevy Cruze Diesel under MSRP or invoice price?

Discussion in '2014+ Chevy Cruze diesel forum and club' started by chittychittybangbang, Aug 17, 2013.

1. tdi'r

tdi'r New Member

Replacing a 2010 Jetta TDI with the Cruze. MSRP $27105. Purchase price $22595 (GMS -employee discount plus $2500 customer cash). Total discount $4510. Won't regret the deal, hope I don't regret the getting the Cruze instead of a new Passat TDI.

Zaviertdi likes this.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Awesome price! With the VWs, you don't get much, if any discount on the TDI, especially the sportwagen. With GM, the MSRP is really the "suggested" price. If the Cruze wagon comes to the US in diesel form, there'll finally be an alternative to the JSW and I think the price pressure on TDI will switch to the dealers.

3. JasonZ

JasonZ Member

Car:
    2014 Chevrolet Cruze
    Mods:
    Dealer stuff taken off. No free advertising!
    I cant remember the exact price but I am going to say $30,000 even that the bank paid. I remember 29,000 and I know it was over 29.5. That's with PA crappy taxes and 1,500 off MSRP. Along with 6 year bumper to bumper coverage and Gap insurance. I got the bumper bumper warranty just in case of the injectors went or HPFP. I have trust in Bosch products but I have been let down before.

4. Frank M

Frank M Member

Car:
    2000 NB
    Mods:
    ventectomy
    It is hard for us to determine the actual price you paid.
    If you could just list the MSRP and then actual cost of the vehicle they charged you.
    To include insurance, extra warranty, taxes skews the cost for the rest of us because we all have different taxes, we may choose the a different or no warranty and our insurance varies too.

5. JasonZ

JasonZ Member

Car:
    2014 Chevrolet Cruze
    Mods:
    Sorry Frank I just couldn't remember then.
    $26,035 for the car, 29,875 for everything.

6. TDI2000Zim

TDI2000Zim Member

Car:
    2000 Beetle TDi...!@#$%...'14 Passat TDiSE
    Mods:
    None
    No car brand is worthy of blind loyalty. Only your loved ones who love you back are worthy of that.

I have been a loyal VW enthusiast for 27 years, but these cars never loved me back, nor did they earn their keep compared to my other cars, American and Japanese.

In fact, because VW TDI cars in the USA bring VAG a lower profit margin than Audis, I have the impression they are beginning to lose interest in this market, with one of the signs being the Bosch CP4.1 HPFP issue. To date, VW has not provided a permanent solution to the issue, except blame owners and American fuel sources.

If Chevy comes out with a diesel Impala, I may trade in my Passat, and if not, I have decided that my next TDI will be replaced by a non VAG product.

MRO1791 and Zaviertdi like this.
  7. JasonZ

JasonZ Member

Car:
    2014 Chevrolet Cruze
    Mods:
    That would make too much sense to have a diesel in the Impala. Rumor was half ton Chevy are suppose to get a diesel also. But they brought it back to the small trucks.

8. ilostmyapples

ilostmyapples New Member

I special ordered mine.
    Black Granite Paint
    Cocoa Interior Leather
    2LT Package
    Navigation
    Premium Sound System
    Chrome Handles
    Fog Lamps
    Chrome Trim
    Cargo Mat
    Cargo Net
    Premium Carpeted Mats
    All Weather Floor Mats
    .. I think that is about it.

MSRP was around $28,400
    I ended up getting it for about $25,300

9. msav

msav New Member

Car:
    2014 Chevy Cruze diesel
    Got mine for 22,500 after rebates and incentives.

Base model diesel package, No added options.
    I believe all diesels come with leather, Navigation, backup camera ect.

10. karm

karm New Member

Car:
    '14 Chevy Cuze Diesel and '12 VW Passat TDI
    I bought my '14 Cruze Diesel for $25,420. That includes dest, ohio sales tax, title xfer fees, etc... complete out the door price. It is loaded with everything, except the safety package. It also has some fluff dealer installed fog lamps.

11. claude wallace

claude wallace New Member

Car:
    2014 Cruze Diesel
    $21,400 July 1st 2014. Got the ext warr and Gapp ins at 100 over cost too. Family pricing!

12. Roadburner440

Roadburner440 New Member

Car:
    2014 Chevy Cruze TD
    Mods:
    None
    Ah been posting on this site for awhile and forgot to add mine to this... Paid $26,400 after tax, tag, title, registration and all other fees. Sticker price was $28,800 and car is fully loaded except for the sunroof. Car was bought 30 June, 2014.

13. claude wallace

claude wallace New Member

Car:
    2014 Cruze Diesel
    There is a new silver CTD at Rydell Chevy in Northridge for less than $20k. Talk to Mr Pinto if you want it. Sticker is $26.7k

14. JasonZ

JasonZ Member

Car:
    2014 Chevrolet Cruze
    Mods:
    Trying to pick up another diesel. This car is a 2014 and they want 23,239 " red tag sale" and I got a quote for 22,300 they won't go under 22,000 last week.
    What should a last year model go for? Trading in my traverse lt too.

15. JeffCruzeTD

JeffCruzeTD New Member

Car:
    Cruze 2.0 TD
    Hi, everyone, New to the forum and about to buy a 2015 Cruze 2.0 TD. Just curious what people are paying out there. We want all the safety features and a sunroof. What kind of prices are you seeing, especially in California? Thanks!

16. JasonZ

JasonZ Member

Car:
    2014 Chevrolet Cruze
    Mods:
    Traded and done Cruze diesel #2 completed. Paid a bit more than the first one but got rid of a soon to be worthless gasser. Traverses are nice to drive but the mileage really eats bad.

17. JeffCruzeTD

JeffCruzeTD New Member

Car:
    Cruze 2.0 TD
    Jason, What did you pay. We haven't bought ours yet, still researching prices. Thanks.

18. JasonZ

JasonZ Member

Car:
    2014 Chevrolet Cruze
    Mods:
    23,739 for last years model

19. k3dlb

k3dlb New Member

Car:
    2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    I purchased a 2014 leftover on 6/4/15. The MSRP was $28,655. I paid $21,675. Dealers are very anxious to get rid of their 2014's. I went to Shearer Chevrolet in Burlington, VT. They had three diesels left on the lot. I got the Crystal Red Tintcoat. The two left are Silver and Champagne. I'm very pleased with the car. My wife and I recently went to Montreal, CN, and back. I averaged 52.2 mpg.

MRO1791 and joeinid like this.
  20. MRO1791

MRO1791 Member

Car:
    2015 Chevy Cruze TD (x2), 2009 Ram - Cummins P/U, Prior -VW, 2012 Jetta TDI-> traded for Cruze TD
    Mods:
    none, yet.
    Going to look at one today as potential trade to get out of the 2012 VW TDI Jetta with the LNT emissions (no DEF)... Dealer has 4 in stock, 2015s and worked a price down to 24K and change, off the MSRP of 28K, that has some special incentives, and $1K GM card discount, USAA, and Military.. I think.. but he seemed motivated to sell, and I got a call from the dealer in less than 5 minutes from the information request on the website.

I also planned to see what the new VW TDI might do for a deal on a trade.. but alas do to recent events.. VW has ordered dealers to not sell any new or used TDIs in inventory!! Oddly had to find this on the TDIclub forum, as the dealer failed to mention when talking to them yesterday.. a pattern it seems.

I'm going to test drive the Cruze today, and if all goes well, drive it home.. they offered $13,167 trade on the Jetta, sight un-seen.. 46K miles (per dealer black book, max trade in excellent for the Jetta is around 14K..so seemed pretty reasonable, especially as a starting point).