Help my vacuum line find a home (2005 Passat)

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by Danielliam, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Danielliam

Danielliam New Member

Car:
    2005 Passat Wagon
    I just got done disassembling and cleaning my egr, egr cleaner, throttle body, and intake manifold. When I got done and started putting things together, I found that I have an extra vacuum line that doesnt appear to have been attached to anything. I am not sure it I unplugged it and didnt realize or if it was never attached. I recently bought this car and have only ran it for a couple hundred miles with some intermittent limp mode issues so this may be a culprit.

The line is the one that comes from the top of the vacuum reservoir/toilet ball thing. It is pictured below with a red line in the first picture and looped around with the disconnected end in the second shot. Also, there is a vacuum t on a line close to it with two empty plastic nipples that are capped. I could go get a clamp and put it on here but I didnt want to plop it somewhere wrong.

Thanks!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

login to remove this ad
  2. Seatman

Seatman Well-Known Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
    Vacuum reservoir, sounds like it's been bypassed. Think it's just for testing the vnt without the engine running.

Vac diagrams are in the diy pages

Danielliam likes this.
  3. Danielliam

Danielliam New Member

Car:
    2005 Passat Wagon
    Thank you. It looks like there are two vacuum lines going into it. One in the bottom and one in the top. I blocked off the vacuum line with a bolt, not sure if I needed to do that. I will look at the diagrams, thanks.

4. Danielliam

Danielliam New Member

Car:
    2005 Passat Wagon
    I am struggling hard to find them, I've been looking at the DIY and FAQ pages. Am I overlooking them somewhere? Could I pester you to give me a link?

Thanks a ton!

5. Seatman

Seatman Well-Known Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
    Two? The diagrams I'm referring to are the regular PD ones, should be like this, or similar to

[​IMG]

Danielliam likes this.
  6. Danielliam

Danielliam New Member

Car:
    2005 Passat Wagon
    Yeah I think so. I will check tomorrow and report back. Thanks