Hello from DroptopBeetle.

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by David Capalbo, Nov 18, 2017.

1. David Capalbo

David Capalbo New Member

Car:
    2013 VW Beetle TDI/DSG Convertible Moonrock Silver/Black top
    Mods:
    Euroswitch, LEDs for DRLs, tail, brake, signals(including load resistors), side markers and map lights.
    My first TDI is a fun and economical little car.
    No problems with it so far.
    I guess my only complaint would be the owners manual lacking a detailed fuse/relay layout.
    This is the first vehicle I've owned that lacked at least a picture or numbered list.

I switched all my exterior bulbs(except headlights) to LEDs and had to add load resistors in the signal circuits.
    Wanting to be prepared while I was doing electrical work I figured it would be a good idea to have my fuse layout available.
    Is this common to Volkswagens?

2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    welcometomyturbodies

Yes that's a problem with newer VAG vehicles. I've made fuse & relay layouts for a lot of VAG vehicles. Fuse & Relay PDF Files

I've got older Beetles but nothing new. I've just had a look in ElsaWin for 2013 and it lists Beetle Cabriolet 517 and NBL 5C1 which could be New Beetle. If you can post the Type Code of the data sticker and the engine size I'll have another look? NBL is New Beetle as the pictures show. NBL with 1.6 TDI-CR CAYC - 105PS 5C132Z.

3. David Capalbo

David Capalbo New Member

Car:
    Mods:
    Euroswitch, LEDs for DRLs, tail, brake, signals(including load resistors), side markers and map lights.
    Hi Keith.

I don't see a Type Code anywhere but I see something similar to what you're asking for:
    Sales Type--5C739M
    Engine code--CJAA
    2.0L TDI/DSG
    Thanks!

DC

4. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    5C739M is the Type Code. Beetle Cabriolet 2.0 TDI-CR NBC 2.0L Design 130, MFL MSV NJK PBF PPY - 6A

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 04/2012-07/2016, Model: Beetle Cabriolet, Engine Code: CJAA, 103Kw, 140PS, 2.0 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Common Rail (TDI-CR)

I will make a fuse & relay layout and add it to Fuse & Relay PDF Files

You will need to make a few useful posts which don't mean thanks before you get the PDF?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  5. David Capalbo

David Capalbo New Member

Car:
    Mods:
    [QUOTE="Keithuk, post: 150701, member: 2277] "You will need to make a few useful posts which don't mean thanks before you get the PDF? [/QUOTE]

Wow Keith, I wish I would have realized how you operate BEFORE I asked you a legitimate question.
    I'm new to the TDI world so I won't have a lot of "useful" info to share for awhile but I am always willing to share what I do know without strings attached.
    For example, I paid $35 to Erwin.com to download everything I could find pertaining to my car--including wiring and fuse diagrams.
    It took me about an hour and everything I referenced was in color and exactly what was needed.
    Everyone else here could do the same thing instead of allowing you to talk to them like you talk to your wife.

This was my first useful post that I needed to make.
    Donchathink?

6. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    If you have paid £35 to use Erwin.com you can save anything to a PDF.

I've spent hundreds of hours making PDF files from info of ElsaWin posted in Fuse & Relay PDF Files.

I will help anyone with a problem on here. What I don't want is users Goggling fuse layout VW and finding this site. Then asking of a PDF when they haven't made any useful posts.