Head replacement now issue

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by UnderCutters, Oct 6, 2017.

1. UnderCutters

UnderCutters New Member

Car:
    2006 VW Jetta tdi 1.9L
    Mods:
    Stock
    The original engine in my wife’s 2006 VW Jetta TDI 1.9L and it dropped 2 lifters on #2 piston and it damaged the head so we ordered a head from a seemingly reputable salesman and I followed installation instructions to the T as I always do and this isn’t my 1st diesel in fact every vehicle we own ( 3 ) are all diesel and I do my own maintenance even as far as building my own oil cooler delete kit for my 03 Ford F-250 6.0 so I’m familiar with the mechanics of a diesel but after following procedures and reinstalling everything, I filled the endgame up with coolant only to find that it was pouring out in between the head and the block just as fast as I put it in, AS IF there was no gasket and of course I did put a new gasket in it so I NEED ADVICE... and I know I’ve got to take it back apart no matter how much my back hurts.... so please help and if it’s legal I’ll give someone my number to help but I’ll still post my findings......???????!!!!!!

2. Dave N

Dave N Member

Car:
    06 Golf TDI BEW 09A
    Did you measure to see if you needed a 1, 2, or 3 hole gasket? Did you install it with the numbers facing up? Did you use alignment pins or old bolts to align the head to the block? Did you use new bolts and torque them in 4 stages? Did you check to make sure neither the block or the new head were warped? Were the top of the engine, base of the head, and gasket perfectly clean & dry? Where are you filling the coolant at- I'm not sure what you mean by endgame.

3. UnderCutters

UnderCutters New Member

Car:
    2006 VW Jetta tdi 1.9L
    Mods:
    Stock
    Ok well I totally figured out what was wrong or should I say what I done wrong but with that out of the way is there an easy of timing the creature? I think I have done pretty good with it as it is but it’s just a little sluggish out of the hole. Any ideas?