Going for the Modification on my 2010 Sport wagon-5100$

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by mando2012, Sep 8, 2017.

1. mando2012

mando2012 Member

Car:
    2010 tdi jetta sportwagon
    Getting the MOD done. Does any one Know about the performance after this mod is DONE Thanks MIKE?? I HAVE 181,000 on the engine....

2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Going for the Modification on my 2010 Sport wagon-5100$

I can't read minds what is this Modification Mike?

3. mando2012

mando2012 Member

Car:
    Emission Compliance for calif, they want to change glow plug box and catalytic converter? has anyone done this option> with there TDI?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  4. mando2012

mando2012 Member

Car:
    Emission Recall work for TDI In calif They want to change CAT converter And something with the glow plugs?any performance issues?

5. mando2012

mando2012 Member

Car:
    They want to change cat convert and glow plug box and software Has anyone had this done? dose it effect performance??thanks mike

6. mrblah

mrblah Member

Car:
    VW JSW 2014 TDI 6sp
  7. canders

canders New Member

Car:
    VW Jetta 2013 TDI 6 Speed Manual
    Does anyone else feel that it really sounds like you have no choice in the matter or is it just me?

They state if service is needed and the mod hasn't been done that they will go ahead and mod it to perform the service?

8. mrblah

mrblah Member

Car:
    VW JSW 2014 TDI 6sp
    You are referencing this passage correct:

For vehicles that do not receive the emissions modification, certain emissions-related replacement and repair parts will no longer be available from Volkswagen. Accordingly, in the future, if your unmodified vehicle requires maintenance and repairs of the emissions system we may need to install parts associated with the emissions modification, and in some cases, install all aspects of the emissions modification.

It means that since after the fix, some parts pre-fix (like the DPFs filters, etc...) won't be available. If your pre-fix part fails down the road and you need to replace it, it might not be available and so VW will have to perform part of all the fix to the car in order to replace the unavailable part...

Seems fair to me.

9. canders

canders New Member

Car:
    VW Jetta 2013 TDI 6 Speed Manual
    Thanks for the confirmation. Are you getting the mod done mrblah?

10. mrblah

mrblah Member

Car:
    VW JSW 2014 TDI 6sp
    Yeah. I haven't taken my appointment but , yeah.

At the end of the day:
    • I own a 2014 so the loan isn't paid off yet. With what they would give my in a buyback I'd get mayyyybe 2k$ cash after all is said and done and I'd need another set of wheels. I work on the road mostly.
    • Working on the road, nothing is more efficient than my TDI. Don't have the $ for a hybrid and I rent my appartment so no electrical connection for an EV.
    • They are giving my 5950$ for the fix, plus a looong warranty on most scary/expensive stuf that can break on the car.
    I can't find anything on the market that has that mileage performance, that warranty and all for a total cost of 24k CAD$ (taxed, financed, all included).

Once the warranty is up, I'll be going stage 1 malone with DPF delete and keep the car until 350-400k km.