Free EOBD II Error Codes software

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by Keithuk, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    welcometomyturbodies

As said in the file.
    Ieframe.dll is the web browser control to show the results its used by IE. It doesn't matter which web browser you use it will always be there and its in use. Every system I've installed it on WinXP, Vista, Win7, Win8 it never asks for a restart.

Its easy on WinXP you just add COMCTL32.OCX to the Windows\System32 folder and put EOBD II Fault Codes.exe in a folder where you have admin rights and make a short-cut for your desktop job done.

If you like this app please click the Like button in post #1 (which no one does}?

CaptRF likes this.
    login to remove this ad
  2. CaptRF

CaptRF New Member

Car:
    VW,Jetta,2011
    Hey, Thanks Keith,
    I was able by reading your text file info and was able to go to address and unzip and use the Codes to help figure out what was really the problem with my
    2011 Jetta TDi Sport Wagon with over 145,000 miles.. and it's been mostly all Highway miles.. Just recently it was throwing P1307/P1309, had timing belt replaced with water pump, etc at VW at 134K.. But the OBD codes P1307 & 9 are Generic, not specific.. I recently purchased the TOAD Professional ScanMaster with EM-327 cable, and it showed P13D7 & P13D9. Up until I had that code from TOAD Scan Master, and did some searching found it is from Glow Plug pressure sensor.. #4 cyl,etc.. it's taken me a few weeks to get that figured out..
    Appreciate all the hard work you have put into the Codes and programing etc. Like yourself, I've been a tech with computer hardware software since 1984, but gave up on programming. Tech on aircraft mostly. Now retired or maybe just tired :) Thanks again CaptRF

3. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Codes like P13D7 & P13D9 anything with a letter in apart from the P are very hard to find a solution.

There are a lot of new codes coming out and the VAG number is a lot bigger along with B = Body and U = Network (UART).

1048669 - Tuner for Satelite Radio
    B11CF 53 [009] - Deactivated

9445973 - Seat occupied recognition control module
    B1022 - Not configured

U300F - Ignition Input Signal, Accessory Position

U2527 - Controller Area Network (CAN) Communication

CaptRF likes this.
  4. maybe368

maybe368 New Member

Car:
    2014 Beetle TDI 6 Speed manual

I just installed this on my Windows 7 home edition and it installed without problem using the setup files. Thanks, very informative...Mark

5. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    I recently joined the Ross-Tech forum and I check all Auto-Scans posted to see if I have the same codes and that Ross-Tech Wiki have those codes. I checked one yesterday and one was missing so I added my results. http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?697-Steering-wheel-fault-code I went back later and drpeter had added a Ross-Tech Wiki link which wasn't there before. He has also added a link at the bottom to myself. I've also added the extra features to 00885.

Its nice to be appreciated by Ross-Tech. ;)

6. Bosun

Bosun New Member

Car:
    VW Golf IV TDi, 2006
    Mods:
    GLS
    Keith, this is good software, but does it work on OS X Mavericks ?

7. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Welcome to the forum Bosun. welcometomyturbodies

No only a Windows computer sorry.

There are apps available for running Windows apps on an Apple computer. You could have a dual boot with Boot Camp and have Windows 7 installed.

How can I run PC programs on a mac?

8. vdubin

vdubin New Member

Car:
    2005 beetle pd TDI
    Mods:
    lol... flower vase
    Hi. I just found this site. d/ld your program and installed it. Now all functions of IE are broken. I have no browser, I cannot use the Windows update to get updates. luckily I have chrome as well. and when starting your program I get a pretty little fault...
    "Component 'ieframe.dll' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" - Nice...

9. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

I assume you downloaded the installation package? Which Windows operating system are you using?

'ieframe.dll' is installed on Windows by default and its used all the time whether you use IE, Chrome or FireFox. Just check that ieframe.dll and COMCTL32.OCX are in your Windows\System32 folder and you installed my app as Administrator. When you run Setup.exe it will say can't install ieframe.dll (because its in use) you just click the Ignore button, Read the ReadMe First.txt.

10. vdubin

vdubin New Member

Car:
    2005 beetle pd TDI
    Mods:
    lol... flower vase
    I am running windows xp with IE8.

I read the readme.txt. after reboot the install happened and had a fault on some component it could not install. another restart and no IE. I found a standalone install for IE8 and installed that over the IE8 I had and now all is well. also... the program is now working. I was dreading another wipe and reinstall, and now that is all good. the program looks neat. I will be using it to check into my wifes 2005 beetle pd to see what all is wrong there are 5/6 codes. I know cps is faulted, and glow plug 1 is faulted, and egr flow is low, and some flapper is faulted. I do have some work and am looking forward to using your program to help me a bit.

thankyou.

11. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    On WinXP you could have downloaded the smaller package and extract all files to a folder that you have admin rights and make a short-cut on your desktop. Put COMCTL32.OCX in your Windows\System32 folder job done, there shouldn't be any reason to do a restart.

IE8 is the last version used on WinXP I always and install Internet Explorer 8.0 XP

12. wionut

wionut New Member

Car:
    Volkswagen Passat B6 2009
    is somebody here to give us a new functional link of this app please? i need it because in the area where is the car i have not internet connection.

thank you!

13. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

If you run my app on a computer with no internet connection you won't see all results properly as there are many web links embedded.

I'm still working on the new version and I've renamed it to VAG Fault Codes because I'm mainly interested in VAG vehicles. At the moment I've cut it down to 8,113 error codes as the last version had 10,037 codes and 1,711 codes showing Unknown Symptom, Cause or Solution which were generic EOBD II error codes with no solution.

The new version still has Unknown Symptom, Cause or Solution as these are new codes found on the Ross-Tech forum that I've found no solution for yet. New codes are been added daily.

As users may or may not know I lost my job 2.5 years ago through no fault of my own and I haven't been able to find a new one. You get no help from the UK government because I have some savings. Now users have had this software for free for the past 4 years and they have downloaded it thousands of times. I'm thinking of showing it on fleabay to help out with my bills. This thread has had 62,242 views so its popular.

Watch this space for updates. ;)

Roy Halvorsen and vidar0 like this.
  14. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Feedback needed. ;)

Over the past few weeks I've notice a bug after watching a YouTube video link in my app. If you search for youtube in Possible Causes in my new app 20 items show. If you click on one and click on the video link the video shows but if you click on another item in the list nothing shows in the results page, you have to close the app and restart it.

I've asked about this problem on my VBForum but know one has given a solution or can't find the problem.

App stops after showing YouTube video link

As I've said in that forum my WinXP doesn't show this bug its only my Windows 7 laptop.

Please check the version you have, please let me know if this happens to yours? Tell me which OS your using and which web browser?

My app doesn't use any browser it uses ieframe.dll which is installed by default on every Windows machine.

15. abdul999

abdul999 New Member

Car:
    VW, Golf 1.6 Bluemotion TDI, 2014
    don't understand how to download this :( downloaded the first txt file but it has links to MEGA, which don't have nay files, can't find links to rapid or any other website? if i click on a link which says you have updated the package, it takes me to a website saying "myturbodiesel" has been re organised and it can't find the file/location I'm looking for

16. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    I've just checked the link and it says file not available. I've been onto Mega and checked the link and its changed why the hell they don't tell you they have changed things beats me. I tried the new link and its asking for a decryption key. I've never used this before and the site gives no explanation about this. I shall have to look into this.

17. abdul999

abdul999 New Member

Car:
    Cheers buddy appreciate it, ill wait

18. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Ok its taken me a while to sort out these new decryption links which you don't need so I've no idea why they have done this. New links posted in #1. I've tried them both and they work.

19. abdul999

abdul999 New Member

Car:
    working on Windows 10 x64

20. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    That's ok, I installed the free Windows 10 last week just to try it out before I did a rebuild of my Windows 7 32bit and everything worked.

I tried it for 6 hours to find what worked and what didn't. ETKA wouldn't work and ElsaWin showed problems so I uninstalled it and put back Windows 7. I've since done a rebuild and installed everything again and everything works as it should.

I'm glad your happy with my app. I've said in post #1 this is the older version with 10,266 codes as I've tidied things up as there were a lot of general EOBD codes in there with no solutions so I've removed those. The new one at the moment has 8,426 codes at the moment these are updated weekly.

I could give you a link to the new version but I would need paying for this as users have had my apps for years for free and I haven't worked for the past 3 years through no fault of my own.

mrrogers1 likes this.