Foglight wiring/module issue... Help!

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by cegrundler, Jul 5, 2011.

1. cegrundler

cegrundler New Member

Car:
    TDI JSW 2010 manual
    I own a 2010 MK6 Jetta TDI Sportswagen with a manual transmission. Over the weekend my husband and I installed the European headlight switch, rear fog light and front fog lights. We were able to get the rear fog light to work, as well as keep the daytime running lights, but the front fog lights will not come on. The dashboard warning light for a burned out bulb is lit and the MFD reads “Check front right fog light!â€￾ and “Check front left fog light!â€￾ The CECM # is 5K0 9370 85C. The wiring is set as follows:

Right front fog to Pin A25
    Left front fog to Pin C25
    Added trigger wire from Pin 5 at switch to A21
    Moved the Blue with green striped wire from C47 to A28
    Moved the Black with blue striped wire form A28 to C47
    Added trigger wire from Pin 7 at the switch to A17

With the Ross Tech Vag Com software we changed Byte 18 in Module 9 from 00 to 02C (Rest of World), then turned on the foglights and made adjustments to the DRL setting so they would work with the European headlight switch. When the lights did not operate we inspected everything again, and when we discontented the wiring harness from the CECM we noticed there were no pins on the module corresponding to Pin A25 or C25. (see photo)
    [​IMG]

Prior to purchasing the Kufatec Foglight wiring harness I was told that if I tried to program the CECM and it accepted the program I would most likely have a Highline module. So, to sum this up, here are my questions:

Do I have a highline module?
    If so, is it possible that VW moved the pin locations?
    And if so, does anyone know what are the pin locations I need for the foglights?
    And finally, on the sad note that I may not have a Highline CECM, does anyone know the correct part number for a Highline Module.

Thank you in advance for any help.

[​IMG]

http://cegrundler.wordpress.com/tag/tdi/

2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
  3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    2nd, the instructions for the golf were to add a trigger wire from pin 3 at the switch to pin 19, not "Added trigger wire from Pin 5 at switch to A21".

Where did you get the instructions from?

I believe you have a midline CECM. To the best of my knowledge, most JSW have midline except in Canada. Your part number ends in 085, I believe the highline ends in 087. To check, do you have the option to add xenon headlights with shutters? will the coding stick? If so, you have a highline. If you don't, you have a midline.

4. cegrundler

cegrundler New Member

Car:
    TDI JSW 2010 manual
    Regarding the source of the information we followed, it was found on the VW Vortex forum:
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...9-Wiring-of-few-common-add-ons&highlight=j519 as well as directly within Kufatec’s foglight wiring harness installation instructions. We have also come across the same instructions in various other posts and it seemed the consensus was to install a trigger wire from Pin 5 at switch to A21. Regarding Pin 3, our wiring harness already had a trigger wire in that location. Yes, the coding is available to add Xenon headlights with shutters but we did not alter that coding at the time. I was also told if we had the coding for foglights and it would accept than we had the highline; it appears this is not correct.

So back to my original question: it seems that I do not have the necessary module; therefore can anyone recommend the model number I do need to complete this modification properly.
    Again, thanks in advance.

5. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    To the best of my knowledge if you have the foglight and xenon w/shutter coding it should be a highline but from what I've heard 085 is midline or lowline, 087 is highline. You should be able to use any of these since you have a mk6 style CECM. There may be slight differences in coding between each module but the newer ones typically have more options. Please post a follow up if you find out more info.

Here are some part numbers:
    5k0 937 087 b - build date up to 6/2009 and original part number 084 a or 086 b
    5k0 937 087 c - build date up to 6/2009 and original part number 085 b or 085 c <--this one appears to match yours
    5k0 937 087 f - build date between 6/2009-4/2010 and original part number 084 c or 086 e
    5k0 937 087 k - build date between 5/2010-12/2010 and original part number 084 e or 086 h
    5k0 937 087 g - build date between 7/09 - 4/10 and original part number 085 f or 086 g
    5k0 937 087 p - build date newer than 12/-2010 and original part number 084 g and 086 L

6. viper550

viper550 New Member

Car:
    jetta mk6 sportwagen
    I have a 2014 sportwagen with CECM
    5K0 937 084 L.
    My question is: via VCDS I can code any or all options for fogs, and hid including led drl and it will accept the coding then show bulb out warnings. In my experience if I try to code something not supported I get a message saying something like Not Supported by Module. So is it possible to solder pins in the cecm and have the fogs work?