Emergency bypass solution for Adblue shutdown?

Discussion in '2012-2016 VW Passat TDI forum' started by dk952, Mar 14, 2013.

1. ggbaas

ggbaas Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL PREMIUM
    Mods:
    None
    My Passat did not reset immediately when I topped up the Adblue tank after going well below the 1000 mile warning. I got a bit nervous when this happened. However it did finally reset. I won't let the adblue go this low next time.

login to remove this ad
  2. EDF520

EDF520 New Member

Car:
    2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI
    So I've been going through most of the same issues as everyone, but mine has become a little bit more challenging? Its started off with "Zero miles until engine wont start" , to my car shutting off and trying to start, and now to the point of my car is filled with adblue fluid, and still the car will not start or attempt to start anymore. The other day i had it towed to my new home and the guy attempted to give me a jump, and the car lights came on and it allowed me to try to start the car but no luck. What to do at this point.

3. xeno555

xeno555 Well-Known Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Tech Package 6mt
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Sway & Ends. Panzer Plate.
    DEF (ADBLUE):
    VW checks to see if:
    The mix is correct water/piss ratio.
    Estimate how much is left.
    Will run 200 miles without piss.
    EPA regulation says the engine can NOT RUN in violation mode. with that 200 mile window.
    Piss freezes at about 0, then all the heaters go to make it liquid again (200 mile window).

If you do not want that, get a tune and get it removed.

You can bulb siphon all DEF out and put in a box from the dealer.
    If the lid is loose and water evap, then your piss ratio is off and will not start. Oh and the piss expires in 6 months and FASTER in heat.

4. James Eckenrode

James Eckenrode New Member

Car:
    2014 Passat TDI Sel
    Had my TDI in the dealer since November. No countdown just went to no restart. Dealer has replaced heater, pump, injector valve, Nox sensor and converter to no avail. I would pay big money to get this car going again with or without adblue. If I can not get around this, buying this car was a 20k mistake.

5. Ol'Rattler

Ol'Rattler Well-Known Member

Car:
    06 TDI Jetta
    Crap. I just blasted Raisin Brand on the screen of my computer. All this time I thought the Add Blue heater was so you could have a golden shower when you were on the road.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017