Dr. Dan on BioDiesel

Discussion in 'Biodiesel general' started by Mick_Passat, May 18, 2014.

1. Mick_Passat

Mick_Passat New Member

Car:
    2013 VW Passat TDI SE
    I found some videos by a guy called Dr. Dan that address BioDiesel and a lot of other interesting things relating to Diesels.

chittychittybangbang likes this.
    login to remove this ad
  2. Mick_Passat

Mick_Passat New Member

Car:
    2013 VW Passat TDI SE
    I spoke with the dealer today and the service advisor said that VW has provided no notices to the dealership regarding biodiesel so he could not tell me whether I could use it or not. When I mentioned that Bio Diesel is known to clean the fuel tank and therefore in time clog the fuel filter he said that he had vague recollection of modifications that were necessary to use bio diesel. I have read that all newer VW's can burn bio so now I am not sure what the correct thing to do is so I will just continue to use ultra low sulfur and avoid bio.

3. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI 6MT
    Mods:
    Golf R Steering wheel & E-Brake handle\BFI Leather Shift Knob \ Sport Pedals \ Torque Pro App \ Clear Sidemarkers
    Your 2013 Passat TDI is already approved by VW to run up to 5% biodiesel without issue.

4. Mick_Passat

Mick_Passat New Member

Car:
    2013 VW Passat TDI SE
    Do you have anything official on that or can you provide a link to something official?

5. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI 6MT
    Mods:
    Golf R Steering wheel & E-Brake handle\BFI Leather Shift Knob \ Sport Pedals \ Torque Pro App \ Clear Sidemarkers
    It is stated clearly in your owner's manual ;)

6. pamaley

pamaley Member

Car:
    1998 VW Beetle TDI, ALH
    I read that if the fuel injector pump is leaking, that using Bio diesel fuel will stop the leak. I have a leaking fuel injector pump on my 98 New Beetle TDI ALH and the Bio Diesel really did stop it from leaking. But i guess i'll have to change my fuel filter soon....Does anyone know when this has to be done?

7. Mick_Passat

Mick_Passat New Member

Car:
    2013 VW Passat TDI SE
    I heard every 20K. I heard that in relation to my car (2013 Passat TDI) so I don't know if it would be different for older models.