Convenience Windows and Mute Button

Discussion in 'Ross Tech VCDS forum' started by voilsb, May 1, 2014.

1. voilsb

voilsb New Member

Car:
    2012 Jetta TDI Sedan
    I've got a '12 Jetta TDI and I got my micro-CAN cable today, and fired up VCDS to make some mods to my car.

I set up the key fob convenience windows, which will close the sunroof if it's tilted or wide open, and will tilt open the sunroof. I can't figure out if there's a way to slide it open, however, and from searching it looks like I may have gotten farther than others already.

Also, I have all the convenience window bits checked, and I can't seem to get it to raise all the windows at once from inside the car, using the driver's window controls. The manual says this should work.
    windows.png
    manual.jpg

Next, I can't figure out how to turn the voice command button into a mute button. I can disable it completely, but that's all I can manage.

Finally, is there a way to change the speed at which the doors auto lock? I'd like to adjust it down a little.

Thanks,
    Brian

Last edited: May 2, 2014
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Not sure about the other ones but the speed at which the doors lock - I don't think so. This is normally an on-off setting. If you look through adaptation you will notice the available channels. If it were changeable it'd be in there instead of coding.

RE: voice command into mute - go into the steering wheel control module and there's a checkbox in coding for push to talk.

3. voilsb

voilsb New Member

Car:
    2012 Jetta TDI Sedan
    Okay I don't think I have a steering wheel module and I remember the ross tech wiki saying something about it being in instruments or central electronics somewhere. I'll keep looking

4. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
  5. voilsb

voilsb New Member

Car:
    2012 Jetta TDI Sedan
    To revive an old thread of mine ... I noticed my key fob can unlock the car from much farther away than it can roll down the windows. Any idea why or how to improve the range for the windows?

6. xeno555

xeno555 Well-Known Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Tech Package 6mt
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Sway & Ends. Panzer Plate.
    I've seen an article about soldering in a longer antenna in the remote. Try google.