Can't add Comfort Windows to 2011 Jetta TDI??

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by idoseadoo, Jan 20, 2017.

1. idoseadoo

idoseadoo New Member

Car:
    2011 VW Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    GLI body kit
    For better or worse, I'm keeping my TDI. I recently got a vagcom cable, but can't add the Comfort Windows feature :( I went into 09 Cent Elec - Coding - Coding Helper, and don't see it in the tiny list of options. Likewise, it's not in the Adaptation drop down menu. I tried this with two different cables, and two different version of VCDS: 16.8 and 17.1. Can someone please let me know how I can add this feature?

2. mrblah

mrblah Member

Car:
    VW JSW 2014 TDI 6sp
  3. idoseadoo

idoseadoo New Member

Car:
    2011 VW Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    GLI body kit
    Yea, when I go into those options, I don't have the Comfort stuff showing up. Long Coding doesn't have those bits, and Adaptation has different functions where the comfort stuff should be. The drop down menu lists all those functions, but doesn't show anything related to comfort windows or sunroof.

4. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
  5. idoseadoo

idoseadoo New Member

Car:
    2011 VW Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    GLI body kit
    I did that, but even after I got the confirmation email from the Ross-Tech team, I still can't seem to post new threads to their forum...

6. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    That's strange have you read How to get Verified

If you have the older cable you can use VCDS Dongle Registration as I've state that's what the How to get Verified links says.

Are you going to use the same username as in here? If you PM me the serial shown in the About form once its connected to a vehicle I will send Uwe and PM to check if its come through.

7. idoseadoo

idoseadoo New Member

Car:
    2011 VW Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    GLI body kit
    I tested with a friend's VCDS cable, and he knows it's 100% legit. We saw exactly the same stuff as with my cable. There are no comfort options with this model. It seems that VW has totally neutered the 2011 TDI. Probably figured people who sprung for the TDI don't need the allure of convenience, they just want that 45mpg CJAA and the "clean" diesel writeoff on their taxes. So do you guys think I have to get a different BCM? Can any SE or SEL BCM work and do I have to enable it with VCDS?