Can I leaking injector copper washer cause low boost problem

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by Nicola, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Nicola

Nicola New Member

Car:
    Honda Accord 2.2 i-ctdi 7th gen
    So long story short. Driving the car on the highway full load on fourth or fifth gear and boost lower than expected code is set and a cel. After that found that I have an injector blow by problem exhaust gasses pass through some of the injectors. Everything redone and driving again at full load the same fault and one of the injectors seems to form tar stains on the valve cover. I can hear the engine is a bit strange but no big puffs from the injectors. My question is could the injectors leak the boost when it goes around 20 bar? I will fix the injectors but i want to know if the problems are related. Thank you!

2. cakar

cakar New Member

Car:
    golf 1999 mk4 tdi
    Yes they are related.

3. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    make sure to read about how to "tap the injector" into place as you torque it down.. else the thing can blow again... think the thread is on tdi club.. had a guy request my doing it to his car... and ill not lie.. it works well.. its just i cannot word it as well as the article put it..

the idea is this...

you tap injector into place very lightly...

torque the crows foot thinggy...

tap very lightly down on the injector

torque again... if bolt turns and torques in a new place.. repeate.. tap.. torque.. if it moves.. repeate.. now if it does not move.. your done... but.. hitting it too hard on that last step can ruin the washer.. so really.. when i say tap light.. i mean light.. you will be suprised at the extra 1/4 turn you can get out of it.. and ive had less come backs of 1 injector that fails to seal weeks later

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  4. Nicola

Nicola New Member

Car:
    Honda Accord 2.2 i-ctdi 7th gen
    Thank you very much for the replies guys. I'm waiting for the delivery of the new bolts, because they don't keep quantities(nobody buys).