Camshaft Position Sensor Removal - 2009 Jetta TDI CR

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by danielneri, Feb 27, 2017.

1. danielneri

danielneri New Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI
    I'm trying to replace the Camshaft Position Sensor on a 2009 Jetta TDI 2.0 Common Rail but can't seem to figure out where the plug routes through to the intake manifold area.

Does the timing belt need to come off to install?

[​IMG]

login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I think it may route behind the timing belt cover. I'm not sure where from there though. I don't believe the TB has to come off but if you loosen the sensor and tug the tire, see what else moves. It may be different than older engines but I hope that's not it going down behind the lower TB cover.

3. Joel Eddings

Joel Eddings New Member

Car:
    09 jetta tdi
    The timing belt does not need to come off to replace the CPS there is a plastic knock out hole in the rear timing belt cover that is behind the idler pulley. There are also those 2 clips that are in front of the sensors wires those have to be remove and the nock out pushed out towards the drivers side. Then you will have to unclip the connector located behind the oil filter and pull the connector toward the timing belt. Installation is opposite of removal.