Betting on the Touareg TDI - Speculation - Best time to buy is now? - VW Stocks

Discussion in 'Audi Q5, Q7, Touareg TDI, Porsche Cayenne forum' started by xeno555, May 19, 2016.

1. xeno555

xeno555 Well-Known Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Tech Package 6mt
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Sway & Ends. Panzer Plate.
    Long time VW fan.

Good deal #1
    I went out and bought a 2014 VW Touareg TDI LUX. $30,000 used.
    I beat up the none VW dealer telling them they maybe stuck with it, when court is over, and they may stop dealer from selling till fixed. [​IMG]
    You know...

As soon as I bought it (though I "knew" I got a good deal). But went to carfax same day to get a buy quote. Ok $31,000. Umm could make a grand.
    Conclusion: Carfax is a major player in the auto auction houses. So they get it for wholesale auction price. And that is what they offer to you on your car.

Good deal #2:
    VW will be probably handing out $5000 to each TDI owner for depreciated value.
    Now cost - $25,000 for a 2014 Touareg Lux (Sweet)

Maybe far out good deal #3
    VW will offer buy back at prices before or on 2014. AKA brand new price for used Touareg.
    Tun in price $55,000
    Ching: 55k - 30k = net profit of $25,000

Am I [​IMG]

I could maybe make $25k OR get a (keep) a $25k Touareg (if they do not recall them).

While looking for a Touareg I went to denver and one VW dealership had 6 used Touareg 5 being TDI. Then A bunch of random lots looking for:

Touareg TDI
    Q7 TDI
    Q5 TDI

And there are TONS OF THEM. People hating on diesel I guess.

Oh and VW stocks were 280 Euro has dropped to current price of 129 Euro. OMG you will never be able to buy that cheep in 9 months. I expect it to double back to near what it was in a year.

VW can easily sell off Bently and buy back stocks and they will shoot up. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I wouldn't bet on the $5000 just yet!

3. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Sway & Ends. Panzer Plate.
    Naaaaa.... A 30k Touareg is a good deal to me.

4. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
    Ready for the show.

[​IMG]

5. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
    OK folks, the big question will be answered tomorrow.

Last throw down.

Golf / Beetle can not be fixed will buy back at SEP 2014 price. Keep and they compensate state.

All cars with peepee water system maybe able to be fix. Compensate state/put on fix list.

The "Sorry you own a VW money" Compensation will be the tune of $1000-$7000 with some formula. That will be paid, no matter turn in status/fix ability.

Place ya bets... Table is about to close.

6. nwtim

nwtim New Member

Car:
    2014 VW Jetta Sportwagen DSG TDI w Sunroof & Nav
    I'm pretty sure the 3.0L TDI is too simple a fix for a buyback, but that issue may not be addressed tomorrow by any more than a footnote.

Do we know for sure that VW is going to compensate owners who bought AFTER 9/18/15? That seems a tad less than a sure bet to me.

With the new CEO floating the possibility of not developing diesel any further in deference to electrifying, I wouldn't bet much on TDI's becoming more valued in the U.S. in the future. As much as I love diesel, I've got to admit that I'm less likely to replace my car with a diesel now than I would've been sans dieselgate.

I wish you the best.

7. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
    Two fixes have been turned down so far. They may indeed have to buy them back.

8. Chris George

Chris George New Member

Car:
    15 Audi Q7 TDI; 98 VW Jetta TDI
    Just bought my Q7 TDI because I think the prices are about as low as they will reach. A 'fix' for the 3.0L will happen at somepoint, but whether or not there will be any compensation . . . ? I frankly do not care, I think I got a great price on a fantastic vehicle that gets superb mileage.

DeUnger05 and alocke00 like this.
  9. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
    The prices looks like they went up a bit.

UPDATE:

3.0L Diesels are getting recalled (BUY BACK) :

First batch from 2008 to probably 2010

Second batch gets fix only!

NO CASH UNTIL YOUR VEHICLE IS FIXED............... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VW lol

Oh and stocks are $138 ish today. Low as heck...

10. unknowna4

unknowna4 New Member

Car:
    2015 Sportwagon
    I'm looking at buying a Q7 TDI, if I bought one now before the settlement is reached for the 3.0L would I get half the cash incentive? That is my reading of the 2.0L settlement.

11. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
    I think you had to own it before court. Back in Oct?

Looks like a possible buy back from 2008-2011 then will be fixed at dealer and resold.
    2011-2016 can be fixed with reflash.

News so far.

12. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
    Court Update Brief:

2009-2012: Will be optioned to buy back.
    2012-fix date: Will be fixed after a fix approval (by end of year?) If no suitable fix, then buy back offer on remainder.

Compensation: $4k-$16k

Uses NADA prices

New addition: Must be legal to drive in your state (no stripping).

Look for my video soon to come explaining the whole TDI debacle.

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/do...swagen_ftc_statement_in_support_exhibit_a.pdf

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  13. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
  14. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
  15. dreadlocks

dreadlocks New Member

Car:
    2014 Q7 TDI - Loaded / 2013 Golf TDI - Loaded / 1975 Westfallia TDI - Swapping
    Mods:
    OEM+ & Tuned
    Just bought a very well optioned 14 Q7 TDI after giving my 13 Golf TDI back; Originally I wanted a Touareg Exec TDI, but they are demanding even higher prices for some reason.

~$42k @ 42k miles, Prestige w/Air Suspension, Adaptive Cruise, Hot/Cold & Towing Pkg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    alocke00 likes this.
  16. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
    Sweet. Had many choices when I posted, but now, hardly any.

17. dreadlocks

dreadlocks New Member

Car:
    2014 Q7 TDI - Loaded / 2013 Golf TDI - Loaded / 1975 Westfallia TDI - Swapping
    Mods:
    OEM+ & Tuned
    yeah seems like the Touareg Diesel all but vanished back in December, not until they started releasing the 2015 & 2016 new old stocks a few weeks ago that anyone even had a chance at a well optioned one.. When I put money down on the Q7 back in early March there had been no Touareg TDI's that I could find at any trim level for a couple months.. then about the time I turned in the Golf in the first week of April a ton of 3.0L VW's appeared on Autotrader out of thin air.. but they were like you've observed, all around $50k or more..

I didnt find as good as a deal as you did, but I test drove a Q7 base model of same vintage and miles at Emich back in February; they were asking more than I paid and they sold it a few days later so they had no desire to give me a deal on it.. I really wanted either a Executive VW or Prestige Audi w/Air Suspension, so I was definitely on a unicorn hunt, For me to agree to give up my Golf I had to loose nothing (Keyless/Adaptive Headlights) and gain even more.

If the PO Dont file a claim against the vehicle I'll get it for ~$32k after all is said and done, seems to me the original owner could not have cared much about the settlement for them to trade it in when they did.. Given the original warranty expired in November and they upgraded to the latest MY Q7 in December they seem to be the kind of Audi owner whom just cant stand the thought of owning a german vehicle w/no warranty.. If the'd of held onto it until this summer the'd of been eligible for 2x the settlement and been covered by the bridge warranty in the meantime, this was all public knowledge so I'm hoping they have there heads in the sand.. but if not then I'll still get a nice chunk of that settlement.

Seems like neither of us will be offered a buyback; they appear pretty confident they can make them complaint w/out hurting performance too much.. That was another reason why I gave the Golf back, its looking less and less likely they will even come up with a fix for it.. and if they do manage to fix em I cant expect it to even resemble the car I originally purchased.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017