Betting on the Touareg TDI - Speculation - Best time to buy is now? - VW Stocks

Discussion in 'Audi Q5, Q7, Touareg TDI, Porsche Cayenne forum' started by xeno555, May 19, 2016.

1. xeno555

xeno555 Well-Known Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Tech Package 6mt
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Sway & Ends. Panzer Plate.
    Long time VW fan.

Good deal #1
    I went out and bought a 2014 VW Touareg TDI LUX. $30,000 used.
    I beat up the none VW dealer telling them they maybe stuck with it, when court is over, and they may stop dealer from selling till fixed. [​IMG]
    You know...

As soon as I bought it (though I "knew" I got a good deal). But went to carfax same day to get a buy quote. Ok $31,000. Umm could make a grand.
    Conclusion: Carfax is a major player in the auto auction houses. So they get it for wholesale auction price. And that is what they offer to you on your car.

Good deal #2:
    VW will be probably handing out $5000 to each TDI owner for depreciated value.
    Now cost - $25,000 for a 2014 Touareg Lux (Sweet)

Maybe far out good deal #3
    VW will offer buy back at prices before or on 2014. AKA brand new price for used Touareg.
    Tun in price $55,000
    Ching: 55k - 30k = net profit of $25,000

Am I [​IMG]

I could maybe make $25k OR get a (keep) a $25k Touareg (if they do not recall them).

While looking for a Touareg I went to denver and one VW dealership had 6 used Touareg 5 being TDI. Then A bunch of random lots looking for:

Touareg TDI
    Q7 TDI
    Q5 TDI

And there are TONS OF THEM. People hating on diesel I guess.

Oh and VW stocks were 280 Euro has dropped to current price of 129 Euro. OMG you will never be able to buy that cheep in 9 months. I expect it to double back to near what it was in a year.

VW can easily sell off Bently and buy back stocks and they will shoot up. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I wouldn't bet on the $5000 just yet!

3. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Sway & Ends. Panzer Plate.
    Naaaaa.... A 30k Touareg is a good deal to me.

4. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
    Ready for the show.

[​IMG]

5. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
    OK folks, the big question will be answered tomorrow.

Last throw down.

Golf / Beetle can not be fixed will buy back at SEP 2014 price. Keep and they compensate state.

All cars with peepee water system maybe able to be fix. Compensate state/put on fix list.

The "Sorry you own a VW money" Compensation will be the tune of $1000-$7000 with some formula. That will be paid, no matter turn in status/fix ability.

Place ya bets... Table is about to close.

6. nwtim

nwtim New Member

Car:
    2014 VW Jetta Sportwagen DSG TDI w Sunroof & Nav
    I'm pretty sure the 3.0L TDI is too simple a fix for a buyback, but that issue may not be addressed tomorrow by any more than a footnote.

Do we know for sure that VW is going to compensate owners who bought AFTER 9/18/15? That seems a tad less than a sure bet to me.

With the new CEO floating the possibility of not developing diesel any further in deference to electrifying, I wouldn't bet much on TDI's becoming more valued in the U.S. in the future. As much as I love diesel, I've got to admit that I'm less likely to replace my car with a diesel now than I would've been sans dieselgate.

I wish you the best.

7. Philth

Philth Member

Car:
    2016 VW Touareg TDI

The 3.0L was put on stop sale the day the EPA sent VWoA a notice of violation for that engine. This was sometime in November of 2015. I bought mine in October, after the 2.0L TDI scandal was announced, and VWoA was stating that the emissions on the 3.0L was "fine".

8. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
    Two fixes have been turned down so far. They may indeed have to buy them back.

9. Chris George

Chris George New Member

Car:
    15 Audi Q7 TDI; 98 VW Jetta TDI
    Just bought my Q7 TDI because I think the prices are about as low as they will reach. A 'fix' for the 3.0L will happen at somepoint, but whether or not there will be any compensation . . . ? I frankly do not care, I think I got a great price on a fantastic vehicle that gets superb mileage.

DeUnger05 and alocke00 like this.
  10. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
    The prices looks like they went up a bit.

UPDATE:

3.0L Diesels are getting recalled (BUY BACK) :

First batch from 2008 to probably 2010

Second batch gets fix only!

NO CASH UNTIL YOUR VEHICLE IS FIXED............... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VW lol

Oh and stocks are $138 ish today. Low as heck...

11. unknowna4

unknowna4 New Member

Car:
    2015 Sportwagon
    I'm looking at buying a Q7 TDI, if I bought one now before the settlement is reached for the 3.0L would I get half the cash incentive? That is my reading of the 2.0L settlement.

12. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
    I think you had to own it before court. Back in Oct?

Looks like a possible buy back from 2008-2011 then will be fixed at dealer and resold.
    2011-2016 can be fixed with reflash.

News so far.

13. xeno555

Car:
    Mods:
    Court Update Brief:

2009-2012: Will be optioned to buy back.
    2012-fix date: Will be fixed after a fix approval (by end of year?) If no suitable fix, then buy back offer on remainder.

Compensation: $4k-$16k

Uses NADA prices

New addition: Must be legal to drive in your state (no stripping).

Look for my video soon to come explaining the whole TDI debacle.

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/do...swagen_ftc_statement_in_support_exhibit_a.pdf

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017