Bentley manual for MKIII aka MK3 AAZ

Discussion in 'VW Mk3 Jetta, Passat TDI and other/older diesels' started by Tom MacDonald, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Tom MacDonald

Tom MacDonald Member

Car:
    2004 Jetta TDI Station Wagon (North American)
    Hi all,

I have the pdf of a MK3 Bentley manual that is floating around on various websites,, but it seems that several key sections that I need are missing from that file.

Specifically, I'm looking for the following sections:

15A Cylinder Head and Valvetrain (4-Cylinder Engines)
    21 Turbocharger and Intercooler
    23A Fuel Injection - Diesel
    28B Ignition System - Diesel

Does anyone know of a version of the pdf that contains these sections? If not, does anyone know of a guide to this stuff somewhere out on the internet?

login to remove this ad
  2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    I've posted Bentley - Volkswagen Jetta, Golf, GTI MK4 Service Manual - 1999-2005 - OCR - 1894 page PDF manual and Bentley VW Jetta Golf GTI 1999-05 (Service_Manual) - 4954 page PDF manual in VW Technical

3. Tom MacDonald

Tom MacDonald Member

Car:
    2004 Jetta TDI Station Wagon (North American)
    Thanks for posting those manuals and the quick response, however I'm looking for a manual that covers a 96 Passat IDI engine code AAZ.

There is one that it fairly easy to find out there on the internet but its missing the sections I listed in my previous post.

4. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    i doubt it would be in english.. not a usa engine.. so i doubt they made a english version for canada/uk...

when you find it.. look to see if a 90-93 b3 passat diesel info is also there... they had then not in north america.. and id assume those diesel pages would be fun to see... i had to build my own as b4 suck vs a b3... at least door handles/window regulators do... ive been running a b3 1.6td with a 020 since 02... swapped it all from a sedan into a wagon shell in 06.. and it will roll all day long at 80mph and gets 41mpg empty or fully loaded with 4 300+lb people, and the back where stuff rubbiing headliner... :p the poo poo was not amused that april fools night, swore at us and sent us on our way at that, with no fees added to my trip aka verbal warning only.. in a cussing manner... :p i deserved my coupon (it was proof!! but no coupon).. i was rolling 2am outta big town after a rc race and only had bout $20k of rc stuff in the back.. the good old fun days this was 4-1-08.. not joking bout april fools.... none of the adults lived with in 45 min of any one in the group too.. look on guys face looking at our ids was pretty good too.. bet the group of them that arrived felt punked in some way... id not be suprisd if they flipped a coinn.. paperwork ie created if they proceed.. vs get the **** outta here and slow it the **** down...

ever look at weight limits on one? i laugh cause i know ive doubled those limits in every car iver ever driven at least once..

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  5. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    I've just noticed what you've said:
    Diesel engines don't have an ignition system. ;)

6. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    but... they key still powers the fuel pump.. and think thats what he wants to know.. id call that wire part of a ignition system