AUDI A3 not starting after timing belt change

Discussion in 'Mk7 VW Golf, Sportwagen and Audi A3 TDI forums' started by virgopelo, Sep 30, 2016.

1. virgopelo

virgopelo Member

Car:
    VW JETTA 2006 tdi, AUDI A3 2012
    Hello to all I was replacing timing belt on my A3 2012 and the car is not starting the car was running perfect with the old belt .

I use all the correct tools and I believe that i did the all procedure correct, turn by hand like 5 times the engine and rotate fine.
    I have some picture of a hole that I drill to make my life easier to remove one of the bolts on the engine mount, the mk5 have this factory hole but the Audi A3 is like the mk4 with ALH engine to remove that bolt is a big problem.

For the replacement I disconnect the fuel lines from the fuel filter not fron the quick disconnect, I cycle the system 2 times using the vag com and it looks like the air is on the system because at the pump near the filter sound like with some air are, how may time should I cycle the system or theirs another way to bleed the system

I haven't put the antifreeze so the cooling system is empty and I have the accessory belt disconnected I don't know if this will prevent the engine to start?

I put the computer and but the only code was immobilizer code but I an using the same key so at this point he car crank fine but it wont start and low oil pressure after crank the engine for extended time.

Any idea it will be very appreciated

thanks in advance

login to remove this ad
  2. Vwman2015

Vwman2015 Member

Car:
    Vw golf, mk5 2005 sdi, bkd engine
    What engine code?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    I would guess at CFFA or CFFB.

If it ran ok before you changed the timing belt then check all settings. Your model:

A3 2.0D TDI CR 2009-11
    Engine code: CFFA, CFFB

Is covered in my TDI Timing Belts App

Vwman2015 likes this.
  4. Vwman2015

Vwman2015 Member

Car:
    Vw golf, mk5 2005 sdi, bkd engine
    Agree with above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. virgopelo

virgopelo Member

Car:
    Hello to all; thanks for the replys and the help the car i running the problem was air on the fuel line;after i get home i purge the fuel system with the vag.com for 3 minutes and the car start immediately .
    at this time i have no clue of the engine model that i have on the car where i can check that is an audi a3 2012 tdi
    thanks again
    i will by posting the pictures for the hole to remove the bolt on the engine mount on monday

6. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
  7. Ol'Rattler

Ol'Rattler Well-Known Member

Car:
    06 TDI Jetta
    So tell me, why did you disconnect the fuel lines to change the T/B? Completely unnecessary.

8. virgopelo

virgopelo Member

Car:
    Yes no need from now on but at that time since was my first timing belt on that engine I was looking form more room to work. But definitively is better not to disconnect the lines.