Anybody got their TDI buyback/fix money yet?

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by Drago, Sep 21, 2016.

1. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    '12 Golf TDI sold to VW 2/8/17
    Once your loan is paid off and you have receipts showing all your extra payments and interest, e-mail the settlement claims panel to get reimbursed for the "extra" damages:

their email is crc@vwcourtsettlement.com You will need your Name, Claim # and VIN included in the email along with any pertinent information regarding your case.

2. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    WooHoo, called my credit union and the person who handles payoffs has it in her hand. one of the advantages of Credit Unions and small banks, you can actually talk to the person that handles it an not a damn auto response purgatory system.

3. SIF1950

SIF1950 Member

Car:
    Jetta Sportwagen 2014
    I agree about small credit unions and banks. But I am surprised that your CU was such a hard ass on a payment.

4. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    Well, in fairness, a number of years back we were in Chapter 7 and they loaned us 1500 dollars when my dog needed emergency surgery.

5. Figaro

Figaro New Member

Car:
    VW Jetta 2011 TDI
    Just turned mine in to the dealer today. Mixed feelings. 2011 Jetta with 147,000 miles. Best car I have ever owned. Only sold it back because it has a cracked DPF that I have been driving with for about 12k and my mileage dropped from 42mpg to 32-33mpg. Didn't want the expense of replacing the dpf so just sold it back. Driving my F150 until I decide what to get next. Have a like new Ross-Tech VCDS and USB extension cable I'll be posting here for sale in a bit--just need to find the proper form to post in. Paid $400+ for it...selling for $200.

6. lwt42

lwt42 Well-Known Member

Car:
    2017 Subaru Outback
  7. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    Well it's done, checked the online and the loan is GONE, now I'm off to buy a truck

mu2bdriver likes this.
  8. Bretton J s

Bretton J s New Member

Car:
    2013 Jetta TDI
    Went in for my buyback Monday, got an email from chase last night at 10:10 - money is on it's way now. Everything seems to be moving very smoothly.

9. Bill B

Bill B New Member

Car:
    2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
    What happens if your car was totaled? Do you get any money?

10. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    Off the top of my head, no, but I'd go to the website to see if yo get anything.

11. Bill B

Bill B New Member

Car:
    2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
    But I was an owner of the vehicle during the period so there has to be some compensation. I'm tempted to sue the woman who rear ended me...I loved that car.

12. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    I let bumper taps slide, but total my car, see you in court

13. lwt42

lwt42 Well-Known Member

Car:
    2017 Subaru Outback
    Rather than guessing, it's best to read the settlement documents. The court has the most definitive information.

As I remember, there are provisions in the settlement for just such an occurrence.

From your other post, the settlement estimate was $23k, insurance paid you $13k, and VW will give you the difference. They may adjust a bit for mileage at the time of your cars' untimely passing.

IANAL, and my comments are for entertainment purposes only. Read the actual settlement.

There is no reason to guess. Legal action (including hiring an attorney) is premature. Class counsel is available to you to answer questions.

14. Johnmo

Johnmo New Member

Car:
    2013 VW Golf TDI
    VW FINALLY paid my lender on 4/10! At last, the deal is done.

Drago likes this.
  15. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    when did you start?

16. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    I got a question, suppose you live in one of the remaining free states of America and you do nothing? I ran into two people, Golden citizens, who knew nothing about the buy back. I'm sure Cali and a few other states will poison the VIN so the owner can't register them but is there some Fed thing that will compel the owners to blue juice or sell back?

17. Crystal

Crystal New Member

Car:
    2014 volkswagen jetta
    I recently returned my vehicle on Saturday 4.8.17.... still no email from the buyback.... is anyone else experiencing delays...... I bought a car and worried I won't get the money before when I have to turn in my down payment

18. lwt42

lwt42 Well-Known Member

Car:
    2017 Subaru Outback
    I've said this before, it's worth reading the various court settlement documents. I know, Drago, that you aren't going to bother.

Nobody has to choose between the buyback and the modification right away.

If you like your car, and you enjoy driving it, and you'd like to know what the modification is like, just wait.

If you don't like the fix, and want the buy-back, you can change your mind. The settlement agreements runs until September 2018.

Between May 1st, 2018 and June 1st, 2018, you may choose to opt-out of the settlement. It is my understanding that those states who are party to the settlement (California and about 20 others) have agreed not to block registration. The car will still have to pass the California test (the one that makes sure the emissions system is functioning on your car, not the one Volkswagen cheated).

As for "free states" that are not part of the agreement -- they could as you say "poison the VIN."

The law is fairly consistent from State to State when it comes to emissions. The only real difference is enforcement.

19. llllllollllll

llllllollllll New Member

Car:
    2013 pollutant-spewing POS A3 TDI
    It's not. Search google for "is the sale of your car taxable income" and the blurb at the top shows, it's only taxable if you sold it for more than you acquired it, ie made a profit.

20. SIF1950

SIF1950 Member

Car:
    Jetta Sportwagen 2014
    As a person with a law degree and a sense of history, I am mildly amused at the "free state" comment. The English Common law remained in place after the Revolutionary war other than a substitution of Sovereign. This included the concepts of nuisance and eminent domain. Eminent domain is ensconced in the last sentence of the Fifth Amendment ( with requirement of public use and just compensation).

So, legality of clean air control is within traditional police powers of a "free state."

As an aside, Virginia has vehicle safety inspection; California does not. (Pet peeve- "Cali" is a city in Colombia. "Cal," "California," or "CA" if you please.)