Anybody got their TDI buyback/fix money yet?

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by Drago, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Johnmo

Johnmo New Member

Car:
    2013 VW Golf TDI
    I turned in my car almost a month ago. I received a check that day, however, they still have not paid the balance on my note as agreed. I have called several times (both my bank and the settlement number) and I feel like they (VW) are playing games. First the bank told me VW cut a check payable to the wrong entity so they returned it to VW. Now my bank tells me they were able to track the new check by the amount, however VW put no reference on the check as to account number, name, VIN... nothing! The bank had no idea how to apply it, so they returned it to VW again!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    login to remove this ad
  2. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    They haven't paid the note yet, I called, they said they sent it but told me to call back in two days for a tracking number, somebody is full of shit

3. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    ==> Welcome to Volkswagen Court Settlement Support. My name is Jasmine. How can I assist you today?

User @ 3/23/17 3:10 PM :
    ==> Volkswagen-2010<br>Claim Reference Number 1609xxxxxx<br>VIN 3VWxxxxxxxxx2011

User @ 3/23/17 3:11 PM :
    ==> why haven't you guys paid my credit union yet?

Jasmine @ 3/23/17 3:11 PM :
    ==> Hello. I'd be glad to assist you today. For security purposes, can you verify your first and last name, along with e-mail address?

User @ 3/23/17 3:12 PM :
    ==> xxxxx Jones Drago_Jones@xxxxxx

Jasmine @ 3/23/17 3:13 PM :
    ==> Thank you for the verification. Do you mind holding? I'd like to look into your claim.

User @ 3/23/17 3:13 PM :
    ==> can hold

Jasmine @ 3/23/17 3:14 PM :
    ==> Thank you. One moment, please.

Jasmine @ 3/23/17 3:19 PM :
    ==> Thank you for your patience. After looking over your account check is still processing. Please contact us periodically to check the status on receive a tracking number to trace pay off. Was there anything else I can assist with you?

User @ 3/23/17 3:20 PM :
    ==> What does "Processing" mean and how long is this suppose to take?

Jasmine @ 3/23/17 3:22 PM :
    ==> I do apologies and understand your frustration. I cannot verify that information based off you account it is still processing.

User @ 3/23/17 3:24 PM :
    ==> So I have to make another payment? What information do you put on the check to insure that my loan is paid off. ppl are saying checks are bouncing back and forth from their banks and Chase

Jasmine @ 3/23/17 3:28 PM :
    ==> We encourage to keep loan in good standing. However, any payments made prior to pay off being receive by lender claimant should check with lender in regards to receiving a reimbursement. Was there anything else I can assist with you?

User @ 3/23/17 3:29 PM :
    ==> what is on the check to insure that it goes to the loan? does it have the VIN on it? the loan number? My name?

Jasmine @ 3/23/17 3:32 PM :
    ==> The amount being issued to your lender was provided to you in a receipt at closing appointment.

User @ 3/23/17 3:33 PM :
    ==> that doesn't answer the queston

Jasmine @ 3/23/17 3:36 PM :
    ==> I do apologize. When is comes to check being issued to lender we cannot verify what information is on the check. However, a consent form was filled out on your beheld providing the necessary information to ensure the correct check is shipped to the listed lender.

Jasmine @ 3/23/17 3:36 PM :
    ==> *behalf

Jasmine @ 3/23/17 3:37 PM :
    ==> Is there anything else I can assist with you?

User @ 3/23/17 3:37 PM :
    ==> so what you are saying is the account information I provided will be on or with the check to my credit union?

Jasmine @ 3/23/17 3:38 PM :
    ==> No, I cannot verify what information will be issued with you check to your lender.

User @ 3/23/17 3:39 PM :
    ==> so I guess I can repo my own car /s thanks for trying, aint ur fault good day Jas

Jasmine @ 3/23/17 3:40 PM :
    ==> You're welcome. I'm glad I could assist you today. Thank you for chatting with Volkswagen Court Settlement Support today. Have a great day

4. Johnmo

Johnmo New Member

Car:
    2013 VW Golf TDI
    Hopefully you don't get the same run around I'm getting. I called the dealership where I dropped it off to see if they could assist in any way. The lady that handles the claims told me she had escalated my claim and that this situation would be reviewed in 5-7 business days. Meanwhile, I'll have to make the second payment on a car that I no longer own.

5. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    I was half tempted to keep one of the keys just in case I get jerked around, I would of repo'ed my car, it's in my name, still have the registration, I have the plates, what could they say? I stole a car that I'm still making payments on?

6. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    '12 Golf TDI sold to VW 2/8/17
    Yes...

If you don't have the Title, you cannot claim ownership.

7. Linky1212

Linky1212 New Member

Car:
    VW Golf TDI 2011
    I finally got my payment!!!! It took over 4 weeks!

8. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    they don't have the title neither, I got the tags, registration and insurance

9. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    Yes they do; either from you or from your state; they have the title.

It is one of the required documents...

10. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/vehicles/liens.html

in some states the State Government holds the title, in our Commonwealth the lender holds the title, since my lender has got jack shit from VWofA, they are demanding I make payment ergo it's still my car and if I have to make another payment I plan to be on the 11 o'clock news

11. SIF1950

SIF1950 Member

Car:
    Jetta Sportwagen 2014
    As a practical matter, once you have turned in the car and have done all the paperwork I really wonder about continuing to make payments. It strikes me as complicating matters.

12. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    because the bank still totes the note while VWofA and Chase play the delay game, they make money every day they delay while us peons will get our credit dinged for being a second over the due date.

13. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    If they can get say about 10000 TDI owners to make one more payment that would be in excess of two million dollars they don't have to come up with this fiscal year.

14. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    Have you spoken with your lender? I explained the situation to mine and they essentially waved a month's payment...

Theft really isn't the best answer here as it is only going to hurt you in the end...

SIF1950 likes this.
  15. SIF1950

SIF1950 Member

Car:
    Jetta Sportwagen 2014
    This is kind of what I was thinking.

16. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    lender won't budge, I got til the 28, I ought make a voluntary repo and give them the dealer's address

17. Bretton J s

Bretton J s New Member

Car:
    2013 Jetta TDI
    I have my buyback scheduled for today. I opted for the EFT but after reading this I am definitely scared I won't get paid out. I already purchased a new car and absolutely need the payment to process ASAP.

Also, my breaks just started grinding on the car. Literally, this morning. Anybody have issues with car condition when returning?

18. SIF1950

SIF1950 Member

Car:
    Jetta Sportwagen 2014
    When we turned in the car, they did not even start the car. The rep inspected, recorded the mileage and took a few pics. I was emailed a receipt on the spot for the car and a statement of amount to be paid. The rep also did the CA DMV notice of transfer. Got the Chase email early the next day and the money was in our account the day after.

We did not have a loan. Also, we bank at Chase.

19. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    update, got a fedextracking number, the credit union should have it tomorrow. I went down there and talked to the person that actually opens the mail and gave her all the info and she passed it up. fortunate this is a small credit union and a bit more personable.

20. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    From Sep 21 16 to Mar 28 17, over six months of this waiting and guessing. I wonder if any car dealership or bank would of tolerated this wait if we were court ordered to pay them?

Bretton J s likes this.