Anybody got their TDI buyback/fix money yet?

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by Drago, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Ztaylor0

Ztaylor0 New Member

Car:
    2011VW Jetta TDI
    Just received this from an agent through chat on the website
    "I do see that we have received all your documents by 11/5/16. We did not start processing all claims until 11/1 which cause your documents to be accepted 11/15. Your 20 business days would start form that date of 11/15 and 20 full business days from 11/15 excluding weekends and holidays would be 12/15. I do see you are in the final review and your offer letter is in the process of being generated so it is very important to check your e-mail and the portal for your offer letter daily."

2. Milseb

Milseb New Member

Car:
    VW Jetta 2010
    This was my experience, the first day I received the settlement papers and had them notarized I faxed them
    One day after getting them. It took two weeks from that days to say they approved them. The first date I was able to schedule a turn in date was dec 21. I was unable to keep that so the next soonest was Jan 10. The whole appointment took 10 mins. They verified my mileage, took 6 pictures and I was done. I received my money in my account two days later after chase sent me my email to transfer funds. My experience was really easy

3. AJSmitty

AJSmitty New Member

Car:
    2012 Jetta TDI
    Got my offer today & then realized that chunk of cash is taxable...UGH!!! Somebody's always in my pocket!

4. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    just uploaded the notarized offer letter, now we wait.......again

5. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    that was quick, they emailed me to set up an appointment, but the soonest appointment is MARCH 1st! ARRGHHG WTF!

6. PatMack HoustonTX

PatMack HoustonTX New Member

Car:
    Jetta Sportwaggen TDI 2014
    Mods:
    body kit
    Wait wait wait, why is that $ taxable?

7. MamaDebski

MamaDebski New Member

Car:
    VW TDI 2014 Sportwagen
    This has been one of the most frustrating experiences... I did everything that was asked of me to get through this process but I feel as if I have been disrespected by VW... entered all info into the portal November 6th, didn't hear anything from VW for a month - called in to the portal to find out my status and was told that one of the files couldn't be read. Despite what people on the portal told me and what VW said they would do, I never received an email or notification that there was a problem with my document. I wanted to re-upload the document and kept trying to get to a supervisor to reset the portal for me - called 5 different times...I literally had to call the law firm that is representing the consumers to get help in uploading the corrected format of the document to the portal. In the meantime we heard from a dealer that a couple of their customers had lost all of the value in their cars because their cars got totaled days before their buyback dates. As a result of this conversation, and after being convinced by VW that we would schedule our buyback appointment within 10 business days, we decided to buy a new car - a 2016 Touareg (great deal on it) with the agreement that we could delay payments for a month. Living in New England, I couldn't guarantee that our diesel wouldn't get in an accident during the winter months and didn't want to keep losing more value in it due to mileage going up. Needless to say, December was extremely frustrating. January has been no less frustrating - and very stressful in that we have been waiting and waiting for VW to wade through the paperwork and we are making 3 car payments instead of two.

Finally, we got the final paperwork, though I kept looking for an email from VW (never received one) and it was only because I kept checking in to the portal that I found that things had finally been finalized. I immediately downloaded the paperwork and we got everything notarized and uploaded the next day. The portal doesn't allow you to view your documents until they have been uploaded and completed, which of course means that once they are uploaded you can't go back in to edit anything. I made an error in uploading and needed to go back to re-upload again, but when I called the help line I was told I would have to wait until VW got back to me to reject the paperwork... I thought I was going to lose my mind! Another month of waiting? Fortunately, much to my surprise, after that call the portal showed that I could upload the document again and I did that right away. This morning I received the good news that everything was finalized and was able to schedule my appointment...for MARCH 8.... grrrrrrrr. And now I am reading that we may have to pay taxes on the settlement $... I need reparations for the reparation process! I will update when all is said and done.

8. John Hillegass

John Hillegass New Member

Car:
    VW, Jetta, TDI Value, 2014
    I completed my buy back on Friday the 27th. Turn in was very simple and straightforward forward. They handed me my check right then. That was the only surprise. Left the dealership with a 2017 GTI Fredericksburg, Virginia

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mike B likes this.
  9. SIF1950

SIF1950 Member

Car:
    Jetta Sportwagen 2014
    The actual buyback went very smoothly. Upon inspection received E-mail receipt and stating payback. Next day received E-mail from JP Morgan Chase for instruction on where to deposit payment. Two days later money shows up in personal account.

The woman at the dealer is employed just for the buyback and does 8 a day for the dealer in Pasadena and the Audi dealer nearby.

Addition: The VW rep also did our on-line report to California DMV of car sale. Some of the info provided to DMV was specific to this not being a normal sale for money.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  10. Mike B

Mike B New Member

Car:
    2013 VW Passat TDI SEL
    Thank you for the encouraging info. My appointment at the dealership is Feb. 14th, and was curious how long it would take to receive the money, as they are paying off my loan and depositing the balance in my account. I've committed to a vehicle and will need to hold off the purchase by a few days.

11. Gabrielle Yuro

Gabrielle Yuro New Member

Car:
    VW Jetta Diesel Wagon 2013
    I turned my car in on January 20th and still have heard NOTHING from Chase as told. I was supposed to receive an email within 3 days and I have gotten nothing.
    I have spoken to the VW claims department 4 times. Each time I'm told my case is being escalated and still no contact. I'm getting ready to consult an attorney. They've had my "asset" for over 2 1/2 weeks without paying for it. Not happy at all with the process. BEWARE.

12. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon

did they pay the car off?

13. Gabrielle Yuro

Car:
    I have to check on that tomorrow. The person I spoke to last week said the check had been sent, but I need to confirm that because I don't trust what they tell me at this point.

14. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    '12 Golf TDI sold to VW 2/8/17
    Just completed my Buyback last night, took all of 15 minutes. Waiting on my Chase e-mail now...

15. Gabrielle Yuro

Car:
    Turned my car in the 20th of January. Still no Chase email....

16. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    Wow! Already got paid folks, as much as i've hated the overall buyback process, the payment was lightning fast...

2/8/17: Car turned in for buyback (2 days earlier than appointment)
    2/9/17 @11:15 pm: Received initial Chase e-mail to set up account
    2/9/17 @ 11:30 pm: Account created, bank added, and payment requested.
    2/10/17 @ 7:45 am: Payment received.

Now I'm just waiting for them to pay off the loan...

17. Tizeye

Tizeye New Member

Car:
    2015 Passat TDI
    Would like a little guidance based on current buyback timeframe. Just received the email with offer and notarizing to send back. Didn't see where I have a deadline to accept. My question is, how long can I drag my feet? Was initially thinking of getting the check then buying a car with little reliance on wife's car as a 'one car family' for a week or so. However, today put a $1000 deposit on a 2017 Mini Countryman which dealers don't have in inventory with their initial supply of the redesigned model entering pipeline. First time ever did a custom factory build which has a 10 week build/delivery schedule. About what point in that 10 week window should I return the notorized acceptance to VW? Is there flexability with setting the appointment date? I know once it is built, shipping takes 4 weeks crossing the Atlantic, port processing and getting to dealer for final delivery prep.

18. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    Send in your acceptance now, depending on how busy your area is, your first available appointment may be as much as 10 weeks away anyway... Either way, you get a range of possible appointments you can set so you can pretty much decide exactly when you want to turn it in.

19. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    Just to close this out in case anyone is interested, just went Saturday and purchased this:

[​IMG]

2014 328D xDrive. It has lighting, premium, luxury, driver assistance, and cold weather packages; and nav. Love it so far, drove 3 hours to get it and enjoyed every second of the drive home.

20. GED

GED New Member

Car:
    2014 Jetta. TDI
    Our experience was basically the same. We were stuck on step 15 for weeks. There were all kinds of delays. They couldn't read our downloads or faxed licenses and registration card. On and on. We got our approval in mid-December and had our settlement on Jan. 30th. It went smoothly - we received our payout in two days- except that we haven't had our VW Credit loan paid off from the settlement as yet and it's now 17 days later. It was due on Feb. 12th so it is now technically "late". I called VW Credit last week and they placed our loan in "protective status" meaning there will be no late charge or damage to our credit. But, beware if you have an outstanding loan on your car. VW Credit doesn't seem to know anything about a particular car's buyout and the loan will be "late" if you aren't proactive. We were told it would take 10 days for VW Credit to receive their payout from the settlement, but it is already 17 days for us. Each day adds more interest to the loan, too!