Anybody got their TDI buyback/fix money yet?

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by Drago, Sep 21, 2016.

1. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    '12 Golf TDI sold to VW 2/8/17
    Here's a timeline for everyone if interested:

Late October (sorry, exact date forgotten): My original documents were uploaded.
    11/5/16: Documents accepted (Step 15) awaiting review
    I stayed at that step for almost 60 days...

On 12/29/16, at about 9:30 am I called VW again and asked about this. My concern being primarily that maybe I missed an e-mail or something... The VW rep told me my "external documents" were approved on 11/15/16. When I asked what this meant she said the info sent to the bank; ie the final step needed to process my offer. She was very concerned at the delay and escalated the issue...

On 12/29/16 at about 10:30 am I received my offer letter and notary packet... I printed everything, had it all signed and notarized, and uploaded it back to VW by 1:30 pm.

On 12/29/16 at 4:56 pm, I received approval of my buyback and the notice to make my appointment. First available at any of 5 local(ish) dealers was February 10, 2017, so I took that.

VW was stuck on step 15 for a LOT of people from what I've read; and I'm guessing many of you are as well.

2. LittleInger

LittleInger New Member

Car:
    2013 Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    none
    That's exactly where I am. But the two times I "chatted" were not helpful at all. When you called what prompts did you follow, because I also called twice, followed the appropriate prompts and got nowhere. I uploaded my docs on 10/27, did not get any emails, but on 11/9 or so got the message all docs were in...

3. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    The first time I followed the prompts to the "our operators don't know anything" message... Second, successful call-in, I didn't follow any prompts and just waited on the line until someone picked up. :thumbsup

4. LittleInger

LittleInger New Member

Car:
    2013 Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    none
    Well that's what I'm going to try next time. Thanks!

DubFamily likes this.
  5. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    what is really F/U'd is the my 2010 must be in running condition and we all know it''s going to the crusher after it's parted out.

6. smc1890

smc1890 New Member

Car:
    Volkswagen Jetta 2014
    Just completed mine, waiting on my deposit. Did you have a loan that needed to be paid off? Trying to judge how long its going to take with a loan.

7. PatMack HoustonTX

PatMack HoustonTX New Member

Car:
    Jetta Sportwaggen TDI 2014
    Mods:
    body kit
    I turned my Jetta SW in Dec 30. The process once you get to the dealership only takes 10 minutes. They have you sign something with the vin and current mileage and your final offer amount and then you are done. They told me it would be around 3 business days for them to pay my loan off, then I would get an email from Chase and have to give them my routing and account number where I wanted the deposit and then 3-5 business days after that I would see the $$$. I haven't heard anything and today would be 3 business days. I will update this when I actually get the funds. I expect it to be longer than they quote, just like every other step in this process.

One funny thing was the lady asked me what I am driving now and I said nothing because you just took my car and wont pay me for it for weeks. What is everyone else going to do about a new vehicle?

8. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    I have two other cars I'm making payments on, Wife and daughter, they can shuttle me around

9. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    I'm stealing my daughter's car for the week-10 days I need to purchase a new one. It isn't "really" her car, so it isn't "really" stealing anyway... :p

10. Maturb

Maturb New Member

Car:
    Vw jetta tdi 2010
    Pat same situation here. Returned vehicle during closing on 12/30. Was told to expect email in 48 business hours to confirm acct. No emails and no payment as of today. Very frustrating. I will likely be reaching out to the lawyer and Judge Breyer. I called numerous times this week and asked for a manager. They said they did not have any available and would need to call me back. I am without a car now for 7 days.

11. 2011GolfTDI

2011GolfTDI Member

Car:
    2011 Golf TDI DSG
    No loan.

12. PatMack HoustonTX

Car:
    Mods:
    body kit
    Do you have a number to call, I will call also to complain.

13. Maturb

Maturb New Member

Car:
    Vw jetta tdi 2010
    Here is the number. 844-982-5246.
    Get this. I called yesterday (Saturday 1/7). After multiple calls into both VW Settlement customer service and Chase, VW Settlement customer service told me that since I still have an existing loan the process is that Chase does not email you, VW after about 7 business days will fedex a check to your bank which will in effect payoff the loan. The lady on the phone told me that Chase does not get involved in this instance and that they will be paying the bank via check. i selected electronic deposit originally and find it completely baffling that after all this time no one up to yesterday could explain this process which to me yesterday's call is even more puzzling since I selected electronic payment. She said if you turned your car in 12/30, on Tuesday of this week you could call in to the customer service line and get the Fedex tracking number to start tracking. She said by Tuesday they would have begun the process of sending the check to the bank to pay off the loan. Clearly this is a horrible process and extremely frustrating.

14. PatMack HoustonTX

Car:
    Mods:
    body kit
    All - I called the number above and they told me to call Chase. It turns out I had received an email from "Chase Payments" on Jan 2nd, just 2-3 days after turning in my car. The email went to my junk folder. Please check your junk folders! They will now deposit my settlement into my account by tomorrow :) Once that happens, then Chase will pay off the remaining loan.

15. Chelsey

Chelsey New Member

Car:
    VW Passat 2014 TDI
    My documents were uploaded and validated on 11-18 and I have not heard a word since! Any recommendations on what I should do/say if I call?!

16. Moon416648

Moon416648 New Member

Car:
    2013 Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    None
    I had all of my documents done and sent in on October 15th. I know they did not start going through them until the 26 of October. Got my email about documents have been accepted and now checking eligibility on November 15 2016. I have not got a single thing back from them since. It is now January 12 and still nothing. I have called probably 10 times since early December. No one is helpful. All they say is ur in the underwriting phase. U have a offer but they haven't sent it out. I did talk to a guy 2 weeks ago that actually told me how much they will be giving me on my offer. Everyone else says they can't see that information. I'm fed up with this waiting crap from VW. We did nothing wrong and now we are paying for it. I have another car already because I was told this would move fast. So now I'm paying for two cars. The new car I pay for every month but don't even have it. Because I'm using some money from VW for the down payment. So I have to wait for this forever process so I can actually get my new car. This is just crazy.

17. Moon416648

Moon416648 New Member

Car:
    2013 Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    None
    What I do is tell them I received the email on November 18 and have not heard another word from them. U are needing to check the status of ur claim. Then ask them if there is anything u can do. They will say no ur just waiting on us. Say yes I am and I'm getting tired of this waiting issue.

18. Ztaylor0

Ztaylor0 New Member

Car:
    2011VW Jetta TDI
    So I called them as well and got the exact same answer. Docs submitted 11/05, Docs accepted 11/15, and nothing since. I complained about the amount of time but the person kept telling me there is nothing they can do, all I can do is wait. Everyone is impacted by the delays.

I took a chance and called my bank that I have my loan with and they told me they received a payoff request on 01/05/17. I am hoping this is good new. My question to the group. Does anyone know how long after the payoff is requested that they received their offer? I figure payoffs are only good for 30 days so I am hoping to get the offer soon.

19. llllllollllll

llllllollllll New Member

Car:
    2013 pollutant-spewing POS A3 TDI
    Just curious about something, for people who have completed the return process and still read here: Did they review the exterior condition of the vehicle, record anything about the exterior condition on paperwork, or give any indication that the exterior condition has any effect on the payment amount?

I have a hankering to put some words on the body explaining how I feel about VW Group, with white paint. I reviewed the settlement booklet thoroughly, and there was no mention of condition there.

20. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    Got my offer, now have to head to a Notary, Of course I got it on the holiday weekend, have to wait til Tuesday