Anybody got their TDI buyback/fix money yet?

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by Drago, Sep 21, 2016.

1. garrington

garrington New Member

Car:
    2011 Audi A3 TDI, 2013 VW Jetta TDI
    Funny, your location just answered my question because another member from Virginia already got their email and appointment.

2. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2014 BMW 328D xDrive
    Mods:
    '12 Golf TDI sold to VW 2/8/17
    I am stuck in the same point myself; well over 20 business days since my documents were accepted yet no offer letter...

3. ksywa

ksywa New Member

Car:
    vw golf 2012
    It takes you a 2-3 hours to buy a car and you do not need a notary public to do so.Also no need to jump a hoops. I was scheduled as many people on this forum for buyback on November 1,and how come we have to wait more and jump more hoops.
    VW was dishonest in the first place installing cheat and now dishonesty continues.I will never buy another car from them,even thou i really enjoy my Golf TDI

LMCA and Drago like this.
  4. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon

after all this bullshit I'm I justmight take the check and walk home

5. 2011GolfTDI

2011GolfTDI Member

Car:
    2011 Golf TDI DSG
    Buyback completed 12/7 without a hitch. Money in the bank 12/9.

smc1890 and garrington like this.
  6. B7tdaye

B7tdaye Member

Car:
    Vw passat 2013 Tdi SE
    Sweet. Mine goes back 12-16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. leocat66

leocat66 Member

Car:
    V W, 2006 JETTA, TDI
    Have submitted two claims. 2014 Beetle and 2013 Passat. The Beetle is a buy back and the Passat to be repaired. We have received affidavit on the Passat but nothing on the Beetle yet. All necessary documents on both cars have been submitted and approved. This process takes way too long and that of course is by design, as the longer it takes, the longer they make interest on their money. They have however shot themselves in the foot as they are loosing the consumer confidence war by dragging this out.

I have no problem with how they were attempting to defeat the Emissions Issue, as the government continues to tighten the noose making compliance near impossible in their attempt to remove the diesel from the road. After investing millions in the TDI technology they could see the handwriting on the wall. As usual the government is the problem. The EPA regulations are headed way beyond achievable reality. Hoping for some relief soon from the green squads terrorism tactics.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  8. sbuick88

sbuick88 New Member

Car:
    2013 passat tdi 6spd
    Mods:
    none
    this is ridiculous, i submitted all the documents notarized and all and they said it was incomplete. you know why? because it did not match their originals, so not only do all 7 pages have to be there, but all the crap on the bottom, the symbol on the far right, page numbers, and the writing on the bottom far left. so now i have to find a notary again and redo this crap. so just a big heads up to everyone out there.

9. mknutson

mknutson New Member

Car:
    VW Golf Sportwagen 2015
    Finally, after all the hurry up and wait, the sportwagen goes back on 1/20/17.

10. TDI Lemon

TDI Lemon New Member

Car:
    Passat 2013 TDI sel
    Upon taking your car to the dealership do they give you one check and then you pay the remaining balance on your car loan?? Or do they pay the bank??

11. suzew

suzew New Member

Car:
    VW Jetta TDI 2013
    Mine is 2013 TDI Jetta. I was following another forum that had tons of info on it about how to file and upload correctly based on everyone's misfires and experiences. Lots and lots of people have waited and waited and had docs rejected. I finally got as far as my offer letter being accepted. Since my car is in storage, I needed to go dig it out of the snow (Minnesota) to get the mileage number. You need that at this step. I think I just enter that and reserve an appt. I'll keep you posted. There's a lot to this process. I already bought my new car.

12. srs5694

srs5694 Member

Car:
    2015 VW Golf TDI
    They pay the bank, then give you a check for the remainder. In my case, the "check" is actually a direct deposit. I don't recall if you'd walk out the door with a physical check if you want it that way, or if they'd mail it to you. If you owe enough on the car that the buyback won't cover it, I believe you've got to arrive with a bank check to cover the difference.

FWIW, my buyback was on Saturday, so my blue VW Golf is now VW's problem. (I think I lucked out; the calendar showed precisely one free appointment time in December, which I took.) I was in the dealership a total of about 10 or 15 minutes.

13. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    I'm still waiting

14. 3cyl

3cyl New Member

Car:
    2009 VW TDI jetta Sportswagen
    Yes. Jan 23 in Lexington Ky. But HPFP is out and car must be drive able so I am attempting a fix.

15. gothicus

gothicus Member

Car:
    2012 Passat SEL Premium TDI
    I Hear that is expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. 3cyl

3cyl New Member

Car:
    2009 VW TDI jetta Sportswagen
    yes, about 1,500.00 in parts. But now, I have heard back from the attorneys that are designated to handle inquiries from TDI owners that due to my complaints and the complaints of many others that don 't have operable cars, those attorneys are trying to negotiate a buyback option for non operable vehicles. Not holding my breathe, but I have stopped working on the repair.

17. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    Me thinks that VWofA or higher is delaying on purpose hoping that either the car or the owner dies before they have to payout.

18. LittleInger

LittleInger New Member

Car:
    2013 Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    none
    Heh heh... one has to wonder. It's only been 37 business days since I was informed all my docs were in and it would be 10 business days til I got an offer...

Called my Credit Union to see if VWGoA had contacted them for a payoff. Nada.

19. Drago

Drago Member

Car:
    2010 jetta sport wagon
    Maybe VW needs another class action suit in their inbox

20. LittleInger

LittleInger New Member

Car:
    2013 Jetta TDI
    Mods:
    none
    By the way, I tried to get one of my local news stations interested in the story... they aren't biting. I asked if perhaps VW was a sponsor and the response was: What's that got to do with it?o_O