Another battery getting flat overnight on audi A3 2012 TDI

Discussion in 'Mk7 VW Golf, Sportwagen and Audi A3 TDI forums' started by virgopelo, May 10, 2017.

1. virgopelo

virgopelo Member

Car:
    VW JETTA 2006 tdi, AUDI A3 2012
    hi to all:
    my battery getting flat overnight on my audi A3 TDI ,i have this problem coming for the last 2 month i replace the battery and it work fine if i drive the car every day ,if i drive it every two days the car it wont start and on the last week it wont last 12 hours so i definitively have a draw .
    i hace done some of the test that i see on this forum and i have 1.15 AMP when my car is on standby (with allt he door locks and the alarm on) i have narrow to part of the problem is on the fuse F2 on the engine bay fuse box this fuse is a 40 amps fuse and control the engine electronics (i have no clue whats specifics electronics control) when i remove this fuse i have 0.5 Amps is this value hi or is acceptable ?
    how many minutes will take the ecu to put to sleep all the electronics?

login to remove this ad
  2. virgopelo

virgopelo Member

Car:
    VW JETTA 2006 tdi, AUDI A3 2012
    my car has an aftermarket radio and the factory Bluetooth module stay on all the time until it drains the battery.

I remove the 7.5 amp fuse and apparently this solve the problem i will report latter on

regards