A6 allroad tdi 2.5 limp mode

Discussion in 'Audi TDI forums' started by james54, Oct 3, 2014.

1. james54

james54 New Member

Car:
    a6 allroad 2.5 tdi
    Mods:
    none
    Hi,I have an issue with my allroad,randomly it will go into limp mode.Sometimes it will be ok for 10 days at a time then others it will be 100% bad until I clear the codes with vagcom,then it might be ok for a while or return to limp mode straight away.

I have these codes that i have attached a picture of

01686 control module for cooling fan after run j138
    01375 valves for engine mounting stage 1
    17809 EGR valve n18
    01282 Intake manifold flap change over valve N239
    01262 solenoid valve for boost pressure control N75

All are showing 31-10 open or short to ground - intermittent
    or 35-10 intermittent

All 5 of the items are fed by the same feed which is via a 15amp fuse in the ecu box.

After much head scratching and chatting to some technicians it was decided that it was probably a broken wire in the engine loom causing all the problems so I replaced the loom,but I still have the exact same issue!

Attached Files:

login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Yea, that is a lot of unrelated codes. I would have guessed that as well. Maybe a bad major ground? It's unlikely the ECU is bad but that does happen. Is it possible the ECU got flooded with water?

3. james54

james54 New Member

Car:
    a6 allroad 2.5 tdi
    Mods:
    none
    Yeah a faulty ecu is going to be my next try,although on the c5 a6 the bottom of the ecu box just goes straight into the cabin of the car so no chance for it to ever be standing in water.

Typically my ecu isn't exactly cheap to buy used,one letter difference at the end and they are 1/5th of the price

4. DesmondMarshall

DesmondMarshall New Member

Car:
    cheverlet cruze LT 2014
    It seem to be a big problem, i would suggest you to take it for transmission fluid exchange before the problem becomes more difficult to handle

5. wints98

wints98 New Member

Car:
    Audi Allroad C5 2006 2.5 TID
    Did you solve this? I have the same issue and after a lot of diagnosis and cleaning of contacts and earths, the problem returns. Going to send the ECU off for testing.

6. VictSim

VictSim New Member

Car:
    Audi A6 4B Avant 2004
    :-( . The same situation with my Audi A6 2.5 TDI 2004 (around 250K km). As I am not needing urgent solution, I'll to try to understand the problem, before going to the local Audi dealer. Some times, the EGR starts working (maybe totally open) and instead of a 5th or 6th gear, I have to run the 2nd and the 3rd. Any help would be fine. If someone want more details, I can write them here. Meanwhile, I read some contributions in some sites and became worried about a great probability of having too much dirt in the EGR valve and in the inlet manifold. Should I worry with that? Many thanks! A nice 2017 for you all!