A3 TDI no ignition, no dash lights

Discussion in 'Audi TDI forums' started by Garry Bates, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Garry Bates

Garry Bates New Member

Car:
    Audi A3 2.0 tdi 2007 bkd engine
    Mods:
    None
    Hi folks,
    I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
    We bought a 2007 A3 2.0 tdi ( bkd engine) a couple of weeks back. Drove it home and left it for the best part of 2 weeks as we were going on holiday.
    When I went to start it the remote control worked OK, but when I put the key in the ignition there was nothing.
    No dash lights no mileometer or date.
    And no cranking.
    I popped the bonnet andchevked battery voltage. A bit low at 12.2 volts. So put my booster pack on but just the same.
    So far I've checked all the fuses and fusible links, charged and checked the battery. Disconnected the battery for half an hour. Disconnected the clocks, tried both keys and remotes, checked for battery voltage at the fuse boxes ( both underbonnet and under the steering wheel) the ignition switch is full can/ bus with very slim wires so don't know how to check that.
    My vag code reader won't talk to it as the ignition won't go on.
    I'm thinking ignition relay but don't know where it is located. Anyone else got any ideas? Cheers in advance. Garry.

2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Do you have a fuse & relay diagram? I have 2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI-PD Fuses & Relays 60 page 8P1AL9 BKD 2004-2010

Fuse & Relay PDF Files

I don't see anything for ignition relay but there are other relays that can cause problems. Have the battery checked out.