9W7 vw bluetooth compatible phones list

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by mar, Sep 16, 2010.

1. nlz242

nlz242 Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI Highline
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T/Rogers version) running Android 4.0.3. Working well.
    I had issues with WinAmp for Android and Streaming, but ive since changed to PowerAmp and everything seems to be working as expected. I'm getting artist/album/track name textes on the head unit and on the MFA.

Obviously, can't "browse" my music collection from the head-unit. I wish this would have been part of A2DP :(

"Auto-pause" on paring is kinda annoying, ill have to figure that one out, but i only have to push play on the head unit and playback starts, so its minor.

Head unit is RCD-510, by the way.

login to remove this ad
  2. amd is the best

amd is the best Member

Car:
    10' Jetta TDI DSG, 01' S4, 91' 200
    Which module are you running? Part number? Any pics of the text feature?

3. ashutoshsm

ashutoshsm New Member

Car:
    VWJSWTDI/11, Mazda 6/2003
    Indeed - Text Display on the Head unit wold be great! My 2011/9W7 combo and Samsung Infuse do not display text.

As for the Auto pause, you have to root your phone and go deep into app settings (I use Gemini) to stop the APP from starting up when it detects a change in headphone/headset/bluetooth state. And you have to do this after every app update. a bit annoying to remember to do, but I finally have my phone to the point where it's piddling 512MB (you have 2GB) of RAM is not flooded with multiple auto-starting apps, one of which starts to play but they all leave some remnant in memory - every time I enter the car!

The only easier way I know of, is that some apps have a menu setting, of course.

4. nlz242

nlz242 Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI Highline
    I made a small video for you, to demo the text feature :

And as for part numbers, i took a picture of the bluetooth module and the system menu of the RCD-510. I took a picture of VCDS on the 77-Telephone module, but it really only says "5K0 035 730 E" (like the picture of the module) and component "TELEFON H09 2902"

Edit Keithuk

You can add pictures to you own album.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
  5. amd is the best

amd is the best Member

Car:
    10' Jetta TDI DSG, 01' S4, 91' 200
    By text I thought you guys were talking about text messaging like with the 9WZ model. My bad. My 9W7 module luckily displays the music text :)

Thank you very much for supplying the video and info though!

6. nlz242

nlz242 Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI Highline
    Yeah, no text messages on the head unit! hehe! Maybe i used the wrong words, english isnt my primary language (as you can see from all the displays in the video! hehe)

Seems like people with a RCD-510 that is before "version 3" do not get the artist's name, track name and such...

7. staticshokx

staticshokx New Member

Car:
    Volkswagen Golf
    iphone 4s definately orks with the 9w7 unit and rns510

8. Pig Man

Pig Man Member

Car:
    2012 JSW TDI 6 speed manual
    Problem with Samsung Galaxy S3 and Bluetooth

I switched from iPhone to Android and the phone itself connected effortlessly to the car but the phone book did not sync. Does anyone have any ideas how to get the car to read the phone book? Thanks!

9. siphyn

siphyn New Member

Car:
    2011 Golf TDI
    I initially had that issue. Unpair the phone, then repair it. Once paired you should get a notification on your phone asking you for access to your phone book. You need to hit yes on your phone to allow your car access to sync it.

10. einsteiner

einsteiner New Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2013
    My Motorola Droid RAZR (Verizon) works fine. The stereo doesn't seem to see the recent calls on the phone, but making/receiving calls, syncing phone book, and playing audio from the phone through the stereo works great.

11. Drjack126

Drjack126 New Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2011 6 speed
    Mods:
    2005 Jetta Wagon TDI Previous
    Yes I am having similar sync problems. Need to pull into VW this wekend. I have I Phone 4 S. No phonebook sync up.

12. OldBlue

OldBlue New Member

Car:
    2011 Golf TDI w/ DSG
    My VZW Razr MAXX works exactly the same. It doesn't see the recent calls, but everything else, includine audio streaming, works fine.

13. timgolfwagon

timgolfwagon New Member

Car:
    VW golf wagon 2013 TDI
    My Nokia N9 (Harmattan OS) works fully with Bluetooth in the 2013 Golf TDI Wagon. (The N9 - nice phone - is rare in N America. Nokia's new management last year put Windows mobile OS in the body instead, calling the combo a Lumia.)

14. ikearat

ikearat New Member

Car:
    2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6-Speed Manual
    Mods:
    Diesel Geeks Panzer Skid Plate and Sigma-6 Shifter. Scangauge II. Hazard/Puddle Door Lights (WIP).
    Palm Treo 680 plays nicely with the 2014 RCD-510 and is fully supported by the 2014 Sportwagen TDI.

15. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
  16. ikearat

ikearat New Member

Car:
    2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6-Speed Manual
    Mods:
    Diesel Geeks Panzer Skid Plate and Sigma-6 Shifter. Scangauge II. Hazard/Puddle Door Lights (WIP).
    Good links but forgive me for saying, euro-centric. The phone list is really limited and is missing several versions of PalmONE products found in the United States.
    This does not make this a bad page, not one little bit! In fact, I found several European product versions I like much better than the stuff they release in the states.
    I think the reason for this thread is to collect user's experiences with the phones they are currently using. Checking with a master list to see if someone else has done any work with your particular phone is only sometimes helpful. As an example, the Palm Treo 680 is not even listed however the 700 series is! The only difference between a Palm Treo 755p and a 680 is the 755p is packaged for Sprint (CDMA) and the 680 is a GSM compatible phone. Still, if you know this in advance then the phone list is useful!
    What the list does not include is any mention that A2DP is accessible through a 3rd party application on the Palm. And there is some call history, only calls made while connected to the car are recorded in call history with the Treo 680 and the 2014 VW Sportwagen TDI w/RCD-510 head-unit. (note call history is found in the display in the dash between the analog gauges.)
    I was unable to get the WMV (Windows Media Video) presentations to load... perhaps a crappy connection overseas... wait, it's the US, we all have crappy Internet! :)

17. colezy9

colezy9 New Member

Car:
    2010 Jetta Sedan TDI
    I have one of the Canadian 2010 Golf Wagon TDI's that came without any bluetooth module (yest nothing from the factory under passenger seat whatsoever. After much research I have decided to install a Pioneer AppRadio 3 instead fighting with getting bluetooth instaleed. Does anyone know if the car will indeed already have a microphone for the Bluetooth wired in? It kind of looks like a microphone setup up about rear view mirror but I don't think I'll know for sure until installed pulls the RCD-510 out. Any info about the microphone is appreciated. Thanks! Here's the forum that talks about my Golf Wagon TDI and others that didn't come with Bluetooth - http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=262007&page=1

18. Yogibearal

Yogibearal New Member

Car:
    2104 Beetle TDI Nav/Sound
    2014 Beetle TDI RNS-315 - using HTC One M8 and M7 works with stereo A2Dp streaming and voice command calling.