9W7 vw bluetooth compatible phones list

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by mar, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Djtj

Djtj New Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI Highline
    First post! Just picked up my 2012 golf highline TDI. she's black. I'll post an intro thread, but I have something I need solved ASAP. I have an iPhone 4. Paired no problems. BUT, when I get a text, I get no audio alert. Shouldn't the beep come thru the speakers, or at least thru the phone?!?!?

Please tell me theres a solution to this!!!

Thanks a bunch. Pics and intro coming tomorrow. Been a long time lurker!

2. CWO4MKC

CWO4MKC New Member

Car:
    2011 Touareg Lux TDI
    Moto Droid Bionic

There appears to be an issue with my phone book syncing up but I haven't drilled into the issue very hard. I get a quick pop up on the phone that the car is looking for permission to access the phone book but it disappears before I can react to it. This is likely in the phone settings. I will plug away at it and get back to you all. Matt

3. golfTDI1

golfTDI1 Member

Car:
    2010 VW Golf TDI 6M 4dr
    Mods:
    see signature
    samsung captivate with Adroid 2.3 Gingerbread, all BT works prefectly including phone book, dialing and audio streaming through Pandora, YouTube etc

4. leroyal

leroyal New Member

Car:
    2011 Jetta Sportwagen
    Mods:
    Fog Lights
    Samsung Epic 4g Galaxy. Connects then drops off Bluetooth after turning off ignition. I have to turn off BT on phone, then re-pair.

5. 1analguy

1analguy Member

Car:
    2011 Golf TDI 2dr 6-speed
    Mods:
    205/65-15 LRRs On MSW Type 15s, Euro Switch, Euro
    The 9W7/RNS-315 in my '11 Golf TDI pairs with my new TracFone LG220C, and will make/receive calls using the voice system in the car, but it will not access the phone book in the phone. I have to aurally tell the system the actual phone number before it will make the call. Major bummer. The 9W7/RNS-315 has no problem achieving full function with my 7-year-old Verizon Motorola V710, phone book included...yet it fails with the much newer LG220C? Go figure. Meanwhile, both of these phones work perfectly in my '09 Challenger, which has the latest software installed. I would have thought that the 9W7, being the newer system, would have had no problem with the newer LG220C...

6. schhim

schhim New Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI
    Got a 2012 TDI with the RNS-315 and a Samsung Charge running GB 2.36. Everything works well.

7. momeara

momeara New Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Golf Wagon MT
    Blackberry Bold 9900 works great on my 2012 Golf Wagon (RCD 510).

8. misskatisunshine

misskatisunshine New Member

Car:
    2012 VW Golf 6 speed Manual
    LG Optimus Fails to Sync Phonebook, missed calls, etc...

I just picked up my 2012 Golf and while calls work fine there is no syncing of the phonebook, missed calls or anything else. Any suggestions?

9. rugiles

rugiles New Member

Car:
    VW Golf TDI 2012 4Dr WH DSG
    Bluetooth not recognizing text to speak on phone

I have a HTC Sensation 4G (T-Mobile) with Android 2.3.4 The bluetooth is all synched, phonebook etc, answers calls (wish could change the ring tone) but an app I have which reads my text messages out loud is not being pushed thru the BT to the sound system and the BT disables the speaker phone so I hear nothing.

Any help would be appreciated

10. sfpegasus

sfpegasus New Member

Car:
    MkVI Golf TDI 2DR
    I received a class action settlement claim form in the mail today.

It's called Christensen, et al. v. Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. and alleges "VWGoA's advertising and product descriptions misrepresented characteristics of the Bluetooth system in Settlement Class Vehicles."

I'll scan it and post it up next week if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Basically, it appears that they want to reimburse those of us that upgraded by ourselves and are offering an upgrade to those still dealing with the 9W2 unit.

Note this is a proposed settlement, so YMMV.

More to follow.

https://christensensettlement.com/

11. glennmax

glennmax Member

Car:
    Golf VI
    I did too. I have been reading and re-reading the forms sent in the mail. I'm hopeful the settlement will be approved by the court. When I bought my 2010, I really was under the impression from my research, before purchase, that more bluetooth features would work. Then I found out that 2010 Golf TDI owners got the limited 9w2 Bluetooth module.

Since my purchase, I have considered buying a 9w7, just to get the Bluetooth features I thought I was originally buying. Well I may not have to make that purchase if the court approves the settlement on Feb. 22nd.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
  12. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    FYI, note the cutoff date for qualifying purchases. IMHO, worth it to buy a 9w7 before the cutoff since it's such an easy swap, you want the features anyways, old part has some resale, and VW may pay for it all.

13. glennmax

glennmax Member

Car:
    Golf VI
    Thank you for the advice. Others may take it.

I personally am not willing to bet on the settlement being approved. I know it seems like a sure-thing, since the plaintiffs and VWOA agree on the settlement. It still has to be approved. I am not sure the judicial system will not generate some kind of bureaucratic bump, as slim as that might be, that would delay the whole settlement/reimbursement process.
    I have more patience than money.:D
    I've been using the limited functionality of the 9w2 since January 2010, I can wait a little bit longer.
    I will look forward to the news on February 22nd.

14. switang

switang Member

Car:
    2010 JSW
    Mods:
    APR Stage 1 and jack pads!
    Yeah, just went through my "Enhanced Bluetooth hands-free capabiliy" booklet. Talks about voice commands and such. I have the buttons but not the functionality in my 2010 JSW.

As long as I can stream Spotify to the radio via Bluetooth; I'm happy. Voice commands would be a safer way to call though.

15. bobutler

bobutler New Member

Car:
    2010 TDI Sportwagen
    Seems we have until Jan 12 to decide to acquire a 9w7 or wait for the VW solution= a "mobile telephone integration plus upgrade" - part number 000-051-473-J. I can't find any info on what this "upgrade" actually is (does it have features as good as 9w7?). I've seen some similar part numbers (with different letters at the end) point to a ghastly add-on pod which doesn't seem to integrate with MFDs or the 510 nav. Wouldn't want that! Anyone know what this part ("J") actually is?

Of course, my local VW service is clueless about the whole thing. They don't even know what a 9w7 is, but it's apparently out of stock, and they wouldn't want to install one in a car where "it doesn't belong."

Any suggestions are appreciated - limited time to act. Also unsure where to get a 9w7 these days.

16. shurikt

shurikt New Member

More discussion of the lawsuit, including some posters opining that the "Bluetooth Upgrade Kit" will be the 9w7 can be found here.

17. jeepo

jeepo New Member

Car:
    2012 jetta sportwagen
    I now have a 2012 jetta sportwagen (base model), and love it. The bluetooth works for calls, contacts and call log on my samsung fascinate (custom android 2.2), it also plays music through the stereo, but I can't get the skip buttons on the car to change the songs on the phone.

18. rugiles

rugiles New Member

Car:
    VW Golf TDI 2012 4Dr WH DSG
  19. jeepo

jeepo New Member

Car:
    2012 jetta sportwagen
    After using my bluetooth more with my verizon samsung galaxy running 2.2 I have discovered that every few days the bluetooth crashes and stops connecting to the car. The best fix I have found is to turn off bluetooth on the phone, reboot it, then turn the bluetooth back on, after which the bluetooth connects to the car automatically. I'm going to look for an app to automate this process on a nightly basis while I'm sleeping. If I am successful I will post further details.

20. amd is the best

amd is the best Member

Car:
    10' Jetta TDI DSG, 01' S4, 91' 200
    I have just upgraded to the 9W7 module and now finally have audio streaming however I thought that I'd now have control over the music player through the head unit/steering wheel controls and also have the music info displayed on the head unit. Is something wrong, or is maybe my iPhone 4S not completely compatible with those features?